Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Grip's Level Design Showcase

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 06:47 Edited at: 11th Nov 2013 06:30
Well hello everyone so ive been using fpsc creator and here what ive been doing so far. One thing to keep in mind is that i couldn't accomplished this without Wolf's help and tips and level design ideasalso i found that good level design comes from reall life places well hope you guys enjoy.

i used some fog for ambient

*please feel free to coment on what you think of it ive got to know

Screenies

There will be more

Thanks everyone for taking time to look at this

-Grip

Look i make games using fps creator,udk unreal engine,cry engine 3,and unity 3d
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it certainly looks fresh in its own way and that is a good thing. My biggest gripe is that the silver floor looks extremely out of place. If its concrete, I'd try using another texture for it. You could go to www.cgtextures.com for some!

Keep working at it!

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Escape The Bunker: 1945 - A Much Needed Remake
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 15:36
Quote: "My biggest gripe is that the silver floor looks extremely out of place. If its concrete, I'd try using another texture for it."

That and the trees seem to be growing out of concrete too. Also, it looks like all your objects are rotated 45 degrees at a time using R. You can use shift + r and ctrl + r to rotate them more precisely. One last thing, some of the rubble seems to be floating and they seem to be floating very high.

But I still think it looks pretty good and like ASTECH said, it feels fresh which I appreciate.

Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 20:00
@ASTECH ok sounds good ill take a look at cgtextures thnak you very much by the way

@Metal Devil123[b]
Quote: "some of the rubble seems to be floating and they seem to be floating very high"
yeah i need to fix that
but thanks

Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 22:11
Hey and here some *new screenies*

Go ahead and leave some coments more to come

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 00:37
Hey, good looking screenshots and nice improvements. However, I have some feedback. Looking at that first screenshot you last posted I immediately pick up something strange about the scene. I get the impression you're going for the back streets of a city. Its a good shot, but it looks a little too clean and squarish. I have attached an image where I've drawn over that screenshot.

The red rectangles are examples of where you should place some sort of entities to break up the 90 degree angle from the floor to the wall, which immediately makes the place less blocky. Take a look at this picture here, it is blocky and not to different to what FPSC segments could make. However there are items of detail that simply break this up and enrich the design of the area.

The green rectangle is highlighting where I think I can see out of the map. This isn't so bad depending on how often it can be seen or how obvious it is, but if you think about it in a city environment you're always surrounded. Ensuring that the player can in covered in all directions is a good design skill.

Another thing to note is the texture of the ground in your screenshot. It again seems too plain and tidy to fit right into the scene. If you refer to the linked image again, you'll notice the texture of the ground is solid and plain but there is much texture that overlays it and adds depth. Consider varying up the texture and possibly adding grungy overlays to improve the realism of the scene.

My opinion of course, but I hope this helps.
Burger

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 00:56
great thanks burger for pointing those out i will fix them and post some new screen shots soon

-Grip

Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 05:00
hey these are some pics i forgot to post the level design was not modified yet but i will post updated pics.

5 screenies

Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 02:47
Ok everyone these two updated screenies enjoy

ASTECH
cheack out the ground now

And
Burger
before and after

before

After

well hope everyone likes them more coming soon and level test video coming soon too

-Grip

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 06:22
Thanks for taking my feedback into consideration! If you compare the two screenshots, I'd argue the second is definitely better.

However, another suggestion comes to mind looking at this screenshot.

-the scene appears to have a lot of glare. Are you using any post effect?
-the streetlights seem to emit white light. It wasn't me who said it, but it is a known tip for design to never use white light. Try using a pale yellow colour for a streetlight, eg. here or here.
-Also, where is the light source in the scene? I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem to match up with the bulb on the streetlight. Logically the light is emitted from the streetlight, and usually (but not always) the design improves if light sources are placed where they would be in real life.

These suggestions may help improve the scene again.

Hope this helps,
Burger

Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 06:42
@burger

Quote: "-the scene appears to have a lot of glare. Are you using any post effect?"

yes im using bloom from bond 1 shader pack

Quote: "-the streetlights seem to emit white light. It wasn't me who said it, but it is a known tip for design to never use white light. Try using a pale yellow colour for a streetlight, "

i would but how can you post a little tutorial
Quote: "-Also, where is the light source in the scene? I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem to match up with the bulb on the streetlight. Logically the light is emitted from the streetlight, and usually (but not always) the design improves if light sources are placed where they would be in real life."

how do i do that please explain

-Grip

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 10:20
Hopefully I have explained well enough in these images. I have attached an image with multiple screenshots and explanations on them. You will need to zoom in to see the detail and read it. I have organised like this to prevent cluttering your thread.

Feel free to ask questions still

Thanks,
Burger

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2013 00:14
@burger thanks for the little tut know i i know

-Grip

p.s cheack out the ww2 game im making maybe you can assis me if you like

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:46:59