Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Setting App to NOT place shortcut on homescreen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 21:01
Is there any way to change this? I notice in Android 2.3 that my apps don't put an icon on the homescreen, but in 4.3 it does. I'd rather leave that choice up to the user. I don't see anything in the android eclipse project that is telling it to do so, but wondering if I can add something to tell it not to.
Thanks!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 21:16
It might be something in the AndroidManifest.xml file that can be added to make that possible.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 21:20
As far as I know, it's a setting in the phones settings somewhere (I forget exactly where, but I remember having to disable it when my Note 1 upgraded from Gingerbread). I doubt it's possible to change it from inside an AppGameKit app

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 23:15
It's actually in the settings on the Google Play store. Tested it on my device and it seems to work fine. I'll have to get more info from my testers to make sure they also have that setting set. It works fine for me I don't think AppGameKit can control it/

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 23:18
Ah well, I was close It was a long time ago that update happened

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:48:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:48:05