Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Vertical scrolling example

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 22:47
I like the Space game example with the horizontal scrolling, but are there any vertical scrolling samples available? Or any examples of making say a vertical scrolling map (1942 or xenon style) that scrolls when the player sprite reaches a certain point on the screen. I see that there is a map/level editor somewhere, but I guess this is on the purchased version as my trial version of AppGameKit is 'sans level editor'.

I have searched for Vertical Scroller but no results returned.

Thanks in advance

Mike.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2013 17:53
There are lots of people who have done scrollers (both ways). There is actually an example in the AppGameKit installation (but I don't know if it is included in the demo version). If it is, it is in AGK\Projects\Basic\Examples\Games\SpaceShooter.

There really is no level editor for that kind of game in the paid for AGK. There is something called a Placement Editor, but I've never used it and I don't know if anyone else has.

A vertical scroller is basically a horizontal scroller, but you move things in the Y (up/down) direction instead of the X (left/right) direction.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:41:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:41:20