Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Warrior Sprite Animation Set (free!)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 16:06
Hi guys,

I've put together a warrior sprite pack for AGK. It's a very fluid 30fps animation sprite set featuring a running warrior with the sword on his back. The sprites are rendered at 512x512, I've over sized them on the basis that if you need them smaller you can just batch process them through BIMP (plugin for Gimp 2.8).

The video is a bit jerky, but that's a capture issue rather than a problem with the animation. Once you get it in-app it's buttery smooth.

You can download these four animation sets and the demo source code from:

http://demo.teachyourselfstuff.com/AGK/BasicWarriorPack/
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 23:13
Thanks for sharing.

I like the art style and the running animation but I think there needs to be more leg work when he swings his sword.

Friday is turning into my "AGK day" so I might have a play with your demo code tomorrow.

one of these days I'll come up with a better signature
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 06:27 Edited at: 15th Nov 2013 06:30
You get what you pay for I'm afraid! I put in as much time as I have available between writing new books, doing support mails, producing online courses, and teaching It's a busy old life at the moment.

These should be enough to throw into your game as a template, then replace later on once you get the code working, which is all I'm using them for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:01:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:01:13