Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Where is the iOS AGK download?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 15:07
Why there is only the windows installer?

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 17:17
They used to have a zip file for Apple for v1076 with just the iOS/Mac stuff. But apparently haven't done one for v10819.

You can try using the instructions at the start of this post to get your Mac setup done (it is what I do). Make sure to do the Facebook fix mentioned.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 17:50
I don't need the setup, i need the ZIP file that was present in the download section until some days ago.
Hmmmm, TGC, from bad to worst!!!!
I don't understand why iOS/MAC is the last wheel every time.

I wish Android will fail!!!

Long life to Steve!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 17:59
I think IOS is the biggest pain in the backside, which is probably why. Apple do like to make thinks difficult.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 18:23
Quote: "I wish Android will fail!!!"

Dream on... Android is 81% of the market now. Windows Phone 8 is growing a rapid pace. Apple's policy of treating developers like naughty school kids will eat them eventually.

Having said that, Android is a ghastly mess.

Whereas Windows is - erm - erm - no comment.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 18:46
xGEKKOx, I know you were looking for the complete zip file. But, since it isn't there right now, I was offering the steps I've always used to get AppGameKit onto my Mac Mini. They may not work for you if you don't have a Windows machine on the same network as your Mac (as I do). The instructions show which directories you need and which you don't.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2013 00:59
No i have all the version of AppGameKit saved, it was for a friend i suggested to buy AGK.
But i think i will stop to suggest to buy it.
I'm taking more and more space between me and AppGameKit as day goes by.

@Jim, where you read those things????? On Android fan magazine???
Maybe in Europe, is about 70% (aboooout), but in the other country no, is the opposite.
Don't forget the USA is all for Apple.
And don't forget that Android users don't pay

Well, but this wan't be a flame...
I think Windows Mobile is better than Android, for example.

Anyway, now, think it on, is right or not to do AppGameKit without EXTRA for iOS ?????? (even if TGC will never put their hands on AppGameKit 108)
Gne, gne, gneeeee, i told you!!! :p

P.S.:
TGC if i want to buy the AppGameKit 108 copyright / or source to continue his developing for you, it is possible?
I mean without EXTRAS and 3D...

Long life to Steve!
Simwad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2013 04:54
Its a fact for Q3 2013

"According to IDC’s figures for the global smartphone market in Q3 2013 released on November 13 (local time), 211.6 million Android devices were shipped worldwide, making up 81% of the global smartphone market. This is the first time for Android to exceed 80% in market share. In Q3 2012, Android smartphones represented 74.9% of the total, with 139.9 million units shipped. In Q2 this year, they constituted 79.3%."
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2013 07:32
Apple is down to 12.9% from 14.% one year ago
Windows phone is up to 3.6% from 2.0%
Blackberry is down to 1.7% from 4.1%
Android is up to 81% from 74.9%

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2013 17:53
This night i read that Android and Apple are losing % because Windows Phone is growing.
But i read that Apple is losing in Europe (Italy, Spain, etc) and Android in China and US, and WiP is growing.

But is impossible Android have the 80%, is simple to understand that is false.
Anyway, this 81%, that you say, does not justify the TGC behavior.

P.S.:
TGC if i want to buy the AppGameKit 108 copyright / or source to continue his developing for you, it is possible?
I mean without EXTRAS and 3D...

Long life to Steve!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2013 19:21 Edited at: 17th Nov 2013 19:24
Multiple sources have reported that the Android share is now 80% or higher. The latest Gartner research stated 82% of phones purchased in Q3 were Android.

Even so, it is still also pretty well established that iOS developers tend to make more on average than Android developers, as its users seem to buy apps more frequently.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2013 22:43
Quote: "Anyway, this 81%, that you say, does not justify the TGC behavior"

As you seem to want to remove large parts of AppGameKit and do them in Objective C, you might be better off writing your own graphics engine. I can't quite see what you actually want AppGameKit for.

If you are smart enough to want to buy source rights to AppGameKit, surely you can do a better job without them?

Quite a lot of this moaning is because Apple keep changing the goal posts, deprecating today what was required yesterday, and generally behaving in a manner towards developers that makes Microsoft look almost friendly.

People are moving away from iOS because the devices are over-priced, and many new Android and WiP devices out-perform them at about half the price.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2013 18:22
Yes Jim, i agree with you, but i think Android is going to do the same thing Apple do now.
They are closing step by step the OS (if it can be called in this way).

Before or later Android will lose all the users, and those users will be catch by WiP and Apple.

Well, for the AppGameKit, i think TGC don't code for Apple because they have few coders and as you said Apple change frameworks every day.
I already started to use the Sprite.kit, but as you know, re-inventing the wheel is a time lose...

Anyway, being the only one iOS coder here, i feel lonely, i can't talk to nobody, and i can't share with nobody. I'm a fan of TGC, i try to provoke to make the things change, but no way

If i was TGC, i would create a division between Apple and Android. The cross compatibility is utopia.
IMHO In this way they can earn more.

Finally as you see, i like to discuss of something as i don't know of what to talk about here anymore.
Huhuhuh!

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2013 18:41
Quote: "Anyway, being the only one iOS coder here"

You are not quite right about this. There are lots of us using AppGameKit in iOS. And I mean in Tier 2. But if you mean manipulating the iOS specific stuff, you might be right. Most of us are using the AGK/iOS and AGK/Mac interface pretty much 'as is'. And lots of people are publishing with AppGameKit in iOS.

Quote: "The cross compatibility is utopia."

This is really one of the main goals of AGK. To really be 'code once/build many'. And it does that fairly well. It takes a little to get the different environments set up. But once you've done it once, it becomes easy. I use exactly the same code files in all platforms (Windows, Android, Mac and iOS). And there are only four places across 100 files where I have to use "#ifdef" to do platform specific things.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2013 19:07
Yes, but if Apple (and Android too, from the 2014) will change the Frameworks every week, how do you think to have the cross compatibility?
Is impossible, you need more programmers in the team, no?

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2013 19:27
I experienced no issues with any of the iOS upgrades, and I have kept my Mac up to date with the latest bits. The interface in Xcode did change a bit from 4 to 5, but not impossibly so.

I haven't let my iOS Xcode projects update the Facebook framework and haven't had any issues with that interface.

And I haven't noticed that anything has updated in Android that required me to do anything at all.

As far as I know, there aren't any backward compatibility issues with Apple's updates.

It's by using the standard frameworks/sdks that let AppGameKit work the way it does. Unless Apple/Android changes core stuff dramatically in function or interface, no one should have headaches. And I mean that to include non-AGK stuff as well. That is sort of the point of the frameworks and SDKs.

I suppose TGC could use more programmers. But I get the impression the budget doesn't allow it. (Your question seems to imply that you think I work for TGC and I don't.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2013 01:40
No no, i know it. You know i'm here since many years now, in the past i followed the forum even if i never wrote.

I'm only sad...

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 11:15:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 11:15:18