Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Fragmotion on sale

Author
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 00:23
I know i posted this in 3d chat but i thought a lot of FPSC users would want to know. It's 70 percent off. It's only 15 bucks.

http://www.fragmosoft.com/

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 12:26
Buy it folks! Its one of the trusty gears in my little "gameforge" I rely on mostly. Highly recommended.

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 13:39
@seppgirty

Thanks for the heads up.

@Wolf

What do you mainly use Fragmotion for? I use Blender for all my modelling and texturing needs. I also animate within Blender. Would you say that Fragmotion is better for certain things?

Cheers

Jay.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 23:50
Quote: "Would you say that Fragmotion is better for certain things? "

With fragmotion you can import animated .x files and they keep their animation.

It also exports the models very well to use in FPSC.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2013 04:05
@unfamilia:

I never got warm with blender. Interface and the whole feel of the thing always threw me of. There is certainly no thing fragmotion can do that blender can't do except for a strong direct x export/importer and dbo compatability.
I like its solid exporter for my endresults and I use its simple yet fast UVMapper.
Its a bit slow for modeling as the commands and tools are set in lists you have to scroll through I prefer milkshape for that.

-Wolf

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2013 10:04
@seppgirty

The .X import with animations has me thinking. That would be a great feature. Is it easy to animate within Fragmotion?

@Wolf,

I have heard that a LOT of people really don't like the interface of Blender, but, I hadn't touched any other 3D program before Blender, so, I really liked it and grew with it.

All in all, would you both agree that it would be best to create my models in my preferred 3D software and use Fragmotion for rigging, animating and export?

Sorry for all the questions, I understand that it isn't you guys that are selling it, I just appreciate some good honest answers from the guys that actually use it.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2013 19:13
Quote: "All in all, would you both agree that it would be best to create my models in my preferred 3D software and use Fragmotion for rigging, animating and export? "

Yes and no, to be honest. Without any information and based on its reputation I'd guess that blender is better for animating.
However, I rigged weapons and whole characters in fragmotion and it was very easy so I can certainly say that this is a plus of the software (rigging to an existing bone structure). However, I only did it in fragmotion, so its possible that this works far better in blender and I just dont know about it.
I dont animate so I can't give you any feedback on that. Pretty sure blender has better solutions for that.
As far as exporting: Flawless for me, and I think I have my copy for 3 years now.

-Wolf

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 01:03
Quote: "Is it easy to animate within Fragmotion? "

Yes, it is very easy to animate in fragmotion.

Quote: "Sorry for all the questions, I understand that it isn't you guys that are selling it, I just appreciate some good honest answers from the guys that actually use it.
"

That's fine to ask questions. I think fragmotion is a very good and under rated program. I agree with wolf about the easy to use UV mapper and the solid import/exporters.

I paid the full 50.00 price for it a couple of years ago and i don't regret it. So at 15.00 i think it's a real steal.

Quote: "All in all, would you both agree that it would be best to create my models in my preferred 3D software and use Fragmotion for rigging, animating and export?"

That's what i usually do. I do most of my modeling in truespace 3d and do my rigging, animating, and exporting in fragmotion.

If you go to my website. http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Go to joe's page
I have several fragmotion video tutorials there to download.

gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:57:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:57:51