Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] New Fps-Files site!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 23:07 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 09:30
I have set up a new FPS Files site.I have uploaded everything that was in the past on fps-files.com.

http://fps-files.be
New website have been launced:
http://www.fps-files.be

3D Design Site:
http://octopus3ddesign.be
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 06:47
Did you receive permission from all content creators, to upload their work? It's nice that you want to help out; but it's important to take that step too.

-Keith

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 07:45 Edited at: 1st Jan 2014 05:58
Withdrawn. My apologies.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Fps Files
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 18:12
All content on the site has been set to non visible untill i got permission.I have send pm to some of the content holders to have there permission for uploading all of there content that was on fps-files.com and i will ask them for the info and images of that content.I wanted the site ASAP online that i forgot to ask to the content creators for there permission to host there content.My Mistake.Sorry about it.So i will ask them first for there permission to do so.

To Blackfox: i will need your wife's permission to for hosting heltors content to.

Kind Regards,
rosemary
Years of Service
User Offline
hey not so hard on the kid I am sure he had good intentions.
as for for claiming that you have sole rights to Heltor's media is an isult to his name he may have gave you permission to host some of his files but not sole rights to his media and he would welcome
anyone to use or host his files, that's what a good person he was so don't be lame using an email that let you use his files on your site then using the idea that you have sole rights, or trying to make out someone did a bad thing for your own convenience, total disrespect in my eye,
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 04:49
After Keith made mention of the error to Fps Files it should have been a dead end topic in my opinion...
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Personally, as a creator of some of the packs with and without cp, I could careless what people do with the content and what website has it uploaded. The only thing that would make upset is when people say they made it, when cp and I clearly know we made it.

So you have my permission for my packs, however if it is one that cp and I did together then you will also need his permission as well. Which knowing him he won't care.

Blackfox, did you get my permission do add some of cp's newer packs? I don't remember those emails. Lucky for you Dale asked for you everytime we finished a pack. Stop being so critical of everything.

Keith man I see stuff on here that shouldn't be done, but you find the small thing to comment on. What about the guy that clearly had x10 but did not tell us how he got it. Not calling you out just saying us old farts are over critical on certain things and this in no way for the newbies to learn what we have over the years. What I am saying is you used to lock these posts until you had the full story, now you make a comment and leave the post open.

As for the rest of the forum members, I apologize for my little outburst here. We need to help our fellow forum members when they make a mistake. Help them not make the same mistake again. There is no need to jump on them. How Keith made his comment is the right way, not how Blackfox and I have just done.

I hope in the future stuff like this will be taken care of in a manner that helps those making the post. I don't like seeing forum members leaving because of some bad apples.

Thanks
Starmind

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 06:04 Edited at: 1st Jan 2014 06:05
Quote: "Blackfox, did you get my permission do add some of cp's newer packs? I don't remember those emails. Lucky for you Dale asked for you everytime we finished a pack. Stop being so critical of everything."

Starmind, Dale has told us what he wants on our site and we comply with what both he and Willow tell us. Every piece of media posted on our site from Dale was posted with his permission. If you have an axe to grind because we did not get your permission, then you need to make that clear to Dale before he passes the media to us to host. All media posted went into the "Cosmic Prophet" packs- it has been that way for five years. Now all of a sudden you are questioning us getting your permission??

As far as the rest, we just don't care at this point. I apologize to the OP for the previous post I made. While we are acting on the request given and we saw media that should not have been made available, I just don't have time to debate the finer points of legalities with people. Do what you want, host whatever you want. Better things to do in the new year.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:10
BlackFox,

You're missing the point of his post. All he is stating is make sure your books are in order before correcting someone about the order of theirs.

and...

A personal message to the individual would have been far more acceptable than pointing out again what Keith had already stated. After all, once Keith posted it should have been a dead end issue.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 09:07
Quote: "Keith man I see stuff on here that shouldn't be done, but you find the small thing to comment on. What about the guy that clearly had x10 but did not tell us how he got it."

I don't consider the mass uploading and redistribution of numerous artist's work to be a "small thing". As for "the guy" who had X10; you'd have to be more specific.

I was an administrator for the original FPS-Files, alongside Templar (anyone remember the Model/HUD of the Month?); so when I see someone starting up another "FPS-Files", I tend to take notice.

I've gotten my answer from the OP, and he's crystal clear on my criteria. As RF has eluded to, this thread has run it's course. But I would like to say that anyone who has a bone to pick with me over something (even something "small"), PM me; otherwise it would be best to leave the moderating to the moderators (not aimed at you, Dave).

-Keith

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 16:55
I would also like to add a FPS Files replacement has been running for a while now and although I have limited time now I am working with TGC a lot, it will remain online and supported by me for the foreseeable future.

All media is uploaded by content owners to FPS Files and I have permission to use FPS Files name (hopefully I will have the old domain,once a few bits are ironed out) from Templar.

http://fpsfiles.net/

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

View the beta TGC forum progress at the url below View beta forum

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:03:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:03:35