Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / How to perfect hand model?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I've been working on hand model since yesterday, and after many trial and error, I finished my first complete low poly hand. Well I post it here so I can critics can point out the right and flaws and room for improvements.

Anyway, If this is any good, I'll start texturing and rigging and animate it with my weapon.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 19:18
@LeeVon
That is a good hand, and not only low poly but also looks like a high polygon model. Good job...I will keep an eye on this.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
LeeVon
Years of Service
User Offline
@chafari
Thanks, anyway those long triangles seems annoying and I'm still working on it.

Master the basics!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 22:51
The fingers are too chubby and have no knuckles to define them, would only add 4 more faces to make it look better. Just remember to make the fingers less chunky.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 01:53
All advice is good, but I'm used to do very low poly models, and then I put the detail in the texture. Big triangles are almost unnoticeable when applying texture. To add knucles to the fingers make it more realistic when we use it for render .If we are going to use it as a game model, we had better to put the minimun poly, that's why I hate high poly programs like zbrush for games, but I love them for render and CG.

Cheers.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
LeeVon
Years of Service
User Offline
I checked the poly count on FPSCR weapons and it has 7800 polys including the arms and weapon. So I think is ok to have a mid poly entities. Anyway thanks for the advice, I made another hand since It's so difficult to fix the triangles, and the problem with it is sometimes when animated the creases shows up making it unrealistic and odd. This time I made it sure to make the triangles number very low. I also added definition to the knuckles. I think it will do the job.

Anyway any tips or tutorials about texturing? I already have 2 models that needed to be textured.

Master the basics!
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 16:30
The triangles around the knuckles really don't add anything, and you wouldnt have a hard time deleting them either.

Whose eyes are those eyes?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:29:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:29:20