Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Looking for high detail terrain model

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I don't ask for models as a rule but I'm looking for a high detail terrain model.

It needs to have :-

Model x format.

Texture needs to be of high quality.

Heightmap

Detail map.

Needs to be fpsc ready as well.

If anyone could help with this it be great as I need one for testing.

Best s4real

Free slot to private mod for the terrain used for testing.

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 16:52
What size S4real.
A couple segments or a whole level grid?

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 16:57
The only person that i know would be Rolphy. Because you need it chopped up in those 100x100 squares.

If it's 1 solid mesh you need you can try this free program here.

http://www.reinerstilesets.de/programme/hemahema/

Maybe give an example of what you need.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What size S4real.
A couple segments or a whole level grid?"

Thanks for the reply 1024 by 1024 would be fine, I know as a norm the model would need to be split up but this is for another thing so needs to be a whole terrain model.

Quote: "The only person that i know would be Rolphy. Because you need it chopped up in those 100x100 squares.
"

I agree but Rolph to busy at the moment.

Thanks for the link will check it out.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Well looks like I need to find this somewhere else.

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@s4real - I can do one up for you, but it will not be a nice a something Rolfy might do. That is if you want me to?

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@s4real - I can do one up for you, but it will not be a nice a something Rolfy might do. That is if you want me to?"

That be great if you could.

send me details to download it from by email.

Best s4real

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 20:01
I am so sorry about that S4real, life got me side-tracked
If Starmind has any troubles I'll post something quick,
but I'm terrible at textures also.
I apologize.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That be great if you could."

Alrighty then! I will get started on it. I need to know what it is you really want.

In your description, you stated you wanted a heightmap and detail map. Now are you saying you want an actual heightmap or just a normalmap?

The reason I ask is are you planning to displace the model(plane) with the heightmap or do you want a terrain sculpted using normalmap to bring out detail.

Next is the detail map. Is this the diffuse or specular? I guess I should just ask, what shader are you going to use?

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Alrighty then! I will get started on it. I need to know what it is you really want.

In your description, you stated you wanted a heightmap and detail map. Now are you saying you want an actual heightmap or just a normalmap?

The reason I ask is are you planning to displace the model(plane) with the heightmap or do you want a terrain sculpted using normalmap to bring out detail.

Next is the detail map. Is this the diffuse or specular? I guess I should just ask, what shader are you going to use?
"

Ok thanks for making this for me.

I want an actual heightmap and detail map you use for terrains.

It would be great to make a normal and diffuse textures as well for the shader.

I'm not sure what shader I will be using at the moment prob a home made one.

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 13:02 Edited at: 18th Jan 2014 13:03
I have finished the terrain and sent it to your hotmail. If you need me to send it elsewhere let me know or I can post it here.

Small preview:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@starmind 001 :- Thanks for this but it never came to my email address.

If you could send me an email with a link as sometimes hotmail blocks files.

many thanks s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I only sent you a link to my dropbox file. I actually sent you two emails. One is blank and the other is the one with a download. If you don't receive it this time send me an email and I will just reply back with a link.

Enjoy!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@starmind 001 :- got the email it was in junk saying that you was blocked have no idea why.

I added you in contacts and seems happy to send me your emails.

The drops link comes up with an error saying We can't find the page you're looking for.

Best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The drops link comes up with an error saying We can't find the page you're looking for."

Strange to hear that is happening. I have resent straight from dropbox website.

I did a test with my wife's laptop and was able to download it. Same with my ipad and android. The laptop and android are not connected to dropbox. Maybe problem with the site or I all my work last night and this morning is causing problems.

The file is 87mb so I could upload it here with a password if you still cannot get it.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 18:57 Edited at: 19th Jan 2014 18:59
Quote: "Strange to hear that is happening. I have resent straight from dropbox website.

I did a test with my wife's laptop and was able to download it. Same with my ipad and android. The laptop and android are not connected to dropbox. Maybe problem with the site or I all my work last night and this morning is causing problems.

The file is 87mb so I could upload it here with a password if you still cannot get it."

You will get it on all your machines the only way to send it to other people is to make it public or add me to your dropbox.

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 20:21 Edited at: 20th Jan 2014 13:40
Quote: "You will get it on all your machines the only way to send it to other people is to make it public or add me to your dropbox. "

I was just in at my work and downloaded the file there after seeing this message. My dropbox folder is public and does not know that it is me downloading a file, unless am logged in.

My question is do you get the file?

Just in case I have uploaded it here and sent you the password to open it. As soon as you say you have it, I will remove both downloads.

Download removed

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Have no idea keeps coming up with error on dropbox the only time I see this if someone does not have permission from the user.

Got the download from the thread thanks.

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sent you what you asked for.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2014 19:02 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2014 19:03
To be safe I did some work on the terrain and sent you those files. I played around with it in the current version of fpsc and this is what I had.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2014 20:23
Looks good.

Don't waste your life
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2014 20:31
@ starmind 001
Your texture map looks terrific
Love the subtle highlights you gave them.
I can make terrain models using "GMax" and a few other
programs, but the textures always throw me off.
If I may ask, what do you use to texture them?

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I used blender to paint the texture and then used gimp to refine the texture. Blender will tile the map on the model without to much distortion. Then I take the painted diffuse and import it into gimp and fix some of the areas that did not get the look I wanted.

Once that is done, I open crazybump and create the normal and specular maps. I use the ao map from blender and bake it to the diffuse. That pretty much does it.

The best tutorial for me was a blender tutorial by David Ward. His island tutorial is what I based this on. He and Andrew Price are some of the people I go to when working on models.

I also want to add that the scene above is a result of Rolfy's tutorial on the official guide. I had to modify it for blender, but still his concept.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2014 04:37
Thank you Starmind 001 for the tutorial link. One of the best I've
seen yet. Watching them carefully. Really great informative stuff.
I don't use Blender, but can slowly apply this to the programs I use. Thanks again
best

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:40:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:40:25