Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Need model help. Blender only.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I am trying to do a 3d tribute version of FTL in DBPro. My current favorite game of all time. The enclosed file is one of the room tiles, done in Blender 2.63.

At the moment, I need my breech graphic. For those of you who haven't played FTL, the floor piece (named "Floor" in enclosed file) needs four versions, called Floor.000, Floor.001, Floor.002, and Floor.003 Floor.000 should be the existing floor model. then 001 through 003 should be the floor modeled with increasing levels of breech damage.

The final image will only be rendered at approximately 50-100 pixels square, so keep detail levels low. Would be nice if the different breech levels could animate flip book style, but this is a $50 game, and beggars can't be choosers.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 19:24
i can download and take a look later tonight, but it would probably be easier to just alter the damage level in the texture image. you can then just swap images, or cycle the texutre stage, or even scroll UV within a single image. i'm not sure there is really a need for separate models and separate textures.

are you using shaders? (normal map, etc)

GregA
Years of Service
User Offline
Ortu,

First off thanks for replying.

Flat Shaded with lighting and hardware shadows.

This particular model will present as so small on screen, that I have decided to add detail with geometry instead of texture maps. Think of it as a map tile, where I turn things (hidden attribute of limbs in DBP parlance) on and off depending on the state of the tile.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2014 20:34
something like this? attached

Attachments

GregA
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm. Well I need to work on my written communication skills.

Here is one I did for a place holder... (attached) You put holes in what I was thinking would be the doors. However, all is not lost. There is a point in this game where ship interlopers beat their way through the doors. I can use your model for that.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:49:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:49:43