Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [X9] The Red Dead

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2014 08:10 Edited at: 11th Feb 2014 13:27
Project Cancelled

I love to make games

http://www.youtube.com/user/thespicy847
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2014 20:43 Edited at: 26th Jan 2014 20:45
What I'm about to say is mostly negative but I will say it upfront for your benefit.

I'd like to start with the fact that roaming in darkness isn't always the best gaming mechanic. Your lightmapping is also subpar at best (screenshot 1- no lightsource) and the segments are conjoined together in a weird pattern and unrealistic way (screenshot 3).

My suggestion is for you to download and play some of these great games from FPSC's past. You need to play both Phobia games, some of Wolf's various titles/demos, and perhaps some of the well-acclaimed BOTB titles. Stew over these games and try and figure out how they did things- take notes.

THEN (or even before the first step, whichever) learn the scripting language and if you already know it, take the time to USE it. You will spend most of your time scripting a complex game if you ever want it to amount to much (and its VERY important if you want to guarantee longer playtime.

Now, I know I really haven't said much of anything positive but I'm saying what I am in hopes for betterment. A GOOD fps game is a work of art and why is that so? The users take HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS, and even MONTHS creating short 1-7 level games. They pour their minds and time into the games and they run great, play great, and get well praised for it. Take your time and you can be right up there with them too.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau
TodeGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 00:23
@ASTECH

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to learn some scripting even I'm not at that good though.

I love to make games

http://www.youtube.com/user/thespicy847

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:36:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:36:43