Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / problem with entity maker from x files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 20:13
Hey

Im using the entity maker and trying to make an entity out of a x file made in blender. The program works well and i can see the model in the program itself. BUT when im done, the model isnt in the entitybank/user. Seems like it aint created.

I have windows 8. something to do with that or?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Which entity maker are you using?

If you are using the original or the one I windowed, you need to move the files from the entitybank or entity folder to your files/entitybank for fpsc.

You need to make sure that you have the files in the proper place for it to work in fpsc.

Also after re-reading your post, the program will only make a fpe file and bitmap. The x file needs to be made by you and placed in the proper file.

If you have the x file in the entitybank folder and not in the entitybank/user folder you will not see it. Look back through the files and see if it is in another folder.

Now if the program is reading the x file and then deleting the x file upon export of the fpe, that is another problem entirely. If this is your problem then you may need to download the entity maker again as there might be a bug in the code.

Attached in my version of the entity maker that was included with the last few updates of fpsc. With the version all you need to do is add your entity x file and texture to the entity folder and start the program. A window will popup and follow the instructions. When the program is done you should see that in the entity folder is you x file, texture, fpe and a bitmap.

If you are still having problems you might run your anti virus and scan you computer. I also want to point out that in windows 8 you may need to change the permissions to admin.

Still having problems, upload the file or send me the x file and I will make it fpsc ready for you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Slaur3n
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 23:42
it worked fine with the version you gave me only the size, its so small. I even put 300 on the model size in the program.. But i guess i have to scale it in Blender??
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
In blender, scale a cube to 50 on the x,y,z axis and location -3 on the z axis. This will give you the scale of a segment in fpsc. Then scale your model to fit your desired scale.

A word of caution. If you have an animated model and want to use the ragdoll effect, you will need to redo the armature and animations at the correct scale in order to use ragdoll in fpsc. Otherwise ragdoll will shrinkwrap the mesh to the bones when activated.

Slaur3n
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 00:47
ah, thats almost as big as a character right? Thanks alot for the help
lcpr_phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2014 08:03 Edited at: 6th May 2014 21:53
Hey. I am making a FPS of the laser tag game Q Zar and am modeling the arena sections in Sketchup to export as .x from my old arena blueprints. The basic arena I can use preloaded rooms but my walls and obstacles I want original from my 1998 setup.
Is this the program I need to use to get those models in my game?

EDIT:

Here is a screenshot of what I need in game, what program will add these??

This town in infested with killer cockroaches ... repeat ... killer cockroaches!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:33:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:33:09