Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The Road WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2014 00:15 Edited at: 5th Mar 2014 21:22
Hey guys!

Thought I would do a wip for my program. Getting input in the development stage is critical for a good game.

The Road is a twin stick shooter That will take place in a steam punk world. (just because I love them so!) It will have a co op focus with four players. (though you can play by yourself if you want) Each one having there own abilities in which they specialize.

My main goal for this project is to get some programing under my belt. So the idea is not so much a great game, but a good game that works well and is as bug-less as possible. And is hopefully fun!

here is a video of my current build.

Current build can be downloaded here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a55ashqqxk72swt/The%20Road%20test.zip

Use the WASD keys to move and the mouse to look around. left key will fire.

Shift to pick up a weapon.
Control to swap weapons.

DO NOT FIRE WITHOUT A WEAPON IN YOUR HAND! THE GAME WILL CRASH!
DO NOT SWAP WITHOUT BOTH WEAPONS! GAME WILL CRASH!

and with that let me know what you think and any ideas you have. criticism is good for development.

Thanks.

========================================================

UPDATE 2

Well I got some good coding done! I got my weapon swapping system to work. as well as the dual wielding of small arms! check out the video!

===========================================================

UPDATE 3

I added a new target system to ease aiming. As well as added basic AI.

=============================================================

UPDATE 3.5

I got Xbox controller support done! and the buttons are rigged for it! now you can play using an Xbox 360 controller instead of a mouse and keyboard!

=============================================================

UPDATE 4

I added the foundation for networking. The game can now support up to four players. As of now only the players are synchronized. The weapons and ai are going to need a little more love and care.

Also thanks to The Comet for his lens grit shader! It looks real good!

============================================================

UPDATE 4.5

Well my networking code is is set up! Still need to work on smoothing, But for all intense and purpose networking is set up!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:18:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:18:50