Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Physical Force Damage Property

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 04:01
Find resources for FPE line commands has been quite difficult I've noticed. I did mentioned to collect a list of most of the commands but there is just one item I cannot find the command for.

How do you change the physical force damage value in-side of an FPE file? (I know how to edit it in the editor itself.)

(Teabone)
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 05:32 Edited at: 10th Feb 2014 16:47
Quote: "How do you change the physical force damage value in-side of an FPE file?"

If you want the entire resource listing of an FPE, it is below.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 06:50
Thanks BlackFox, I was just looking for some of these

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 07:03
Thanks, though I do not see a line to change the physical force damage?

(Teabone)
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 07:05
BlackFox comes thru again with the hidden stuff. Thanks for posting.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 07:06 Edited at: 21st Feb 2014 21:21
I'm going to try various lines and see if they work, like "physicalforcedamage".

The reason why I need this is because I'm tired of such strange objects hurting the player if bumped into or picked up and dropped. Setting the physical force damage to 0 should help. But I'd like to apply this via FPE for the models I'm working on rather than in the editor all the time.

(Teabone)
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 16:54
Quote: "The reason why I need this is because I'm tired of such strange objects hurting the player if bumped into or picked up and dropped. The same issue I used to experience while playing Skyrim lol Setting the physical force damage to 0 should help. But I'd like to apply this via FPE for the models I'm working on. Bit odd that dropping fruit on your head would hurt you"

We have yet to experience any issues and since we still work in v1.17, my solutions will do you no good. We do not experience the issue you described above, or collision issues, etc. We don't need to hack our software using a part from this beta and a part from that one; we don't have to ensure a static item is "on the map" to ensure the player is in the actual level and not outside of it. I have not looked to see if an FPE from v1.20 has entries in the source for the FPE file where a "physical force damage" value is available or applied. The list I gave is a standard and the items in it will work across the board.

Perhaps you could email s4real in hopes he may be able to provide an answer since he was working on "unofficial" releases.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 01:55
True enough got him on skype, i should see if its something he can look over if he has already.

By setting the physical force damage to 0 in the editor picking up items while in the corner of segments and dropping them above you, doesn't hurt you. But having it set to its default it sometime but very very rarely will hurt you by 1 point of damage.

I actually don't know where I got that list from originally was a text file (FPE resources) I had floating around with my FPSC files. Its pretty handy. Thanks for posting it here perhaps that should help others that use the search for answers surrounding FPE editing.

(Teabone)
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 02:22 Edited at: 21st Feb 2014 21:21
Basically damage force damage can send a value of damage to the player or other characters if throw at them. Its a rare case, but I believe the default value is 1.

(Teabone)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:24:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:24:09