Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [WIP] Dark Cubes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 13:09 Edited at: 5th Mar 2014 12:15
Dark Cubes is a rubik puzzle game, where you need to match the colors of each side of the cube.

This is my second WIP of the game due to abandonment of the project and lock down of first thread.You can see what the game was and what is now.Here is the other thread:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=203559&b=5

I was driven to complete the game because i wanted to see my game to finished dbpro games showcase thread.To be honest first version i uploaded was fairly playable, but still far from what i wanted it to be.The second thing that make me reconsider and finish the project was that there are no professional looking rubik puzzles arround, i've looked, can't find any.

What i've done and what needs to be done:

Game difficulties :
2x2x2 - Beginner - done
3x3x3 - Challenger - done
4x4x4 - Avenger - done at 50%
5x5x5 - Master - not done yet
Making Timer and Move Counter - done
Game menus - done at 50%
New Game/Resume Game - done
Save/Load Game - done
Save/Load Replay - done at 95%
Options : Diferent resolutions, Window Mode, Sound ON/OFF, Bloom ON/OFF, Motion Blur ON/OFF - all that almost done at 100%

Added Game INI to keep track of game option values.

Cube appearance has changed due to strain in the eye to determine which is orange and which is yellow.

Moves are highlighted in colored text depending of which side you are looking at so now you can keep track of algorithms if you get confused what was next/last move.

Made unified win condition for all cubes.I started with a solution which happens to work only for cubes with center pieces ie. 3x3x3 and 5x5x5.

Implemented whole cube flip from any side and fast camera 90 degree disposition. - done for 3x3x3 for now.
Cube Flip [W] and [S], camera turn [A] and [D]

Controls:
Left mouse key rotate any of the sides of the cube.
Right mouse key rotate camera smoothly around.

Solved rotation logic bug!
Solved rotation lock bug!
Solved Corner Piece Flip bug!(only reported, never really see it anywhere when testing)
Solved bug where uncommon values of rotation variables mess with cube layouts and destroy the cube.

I will attach gameplay video and/or playable demo later.

Picture with bloom on:

Picture without bloom showing moves highlights:

Coding is My Kung Fu!
And My Kung Fu is better than Yours!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Picture without bloom.

Coding is My Kung Fu!
And My Kung Fu is better than Yours!