Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Kickstarter] Two FPS games for OUYA & PC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 19:35
I've launched a Kickstarter campaign for the two FPS games I have been creating with AGK.

Prisoner is inspired by retro shooters like Wolfenstein 3D, whilst Horde combines elements from the Zombies and Extinction modes of Call of Duty.

£10 will get you both games for a single platform, as well as your name in the credits and a beta demo of each title.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/665421150/prisoner-and-horde-two-fps-games-for-ouya-and-wind

Prisoner

Horde
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 22:33
I would suggest some play videos of the games to get them intrested?

Pictures don tell your wallet as much as some videos

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 22:57
Very true. I'm hoping to get some footage uploaded soon, as well as a demo or two.

Thanks for taking a look!
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 23:08 Edited at: 5th Mar 2014 23:11
If you nead some tips on your wolfenstein game so let me know so could I give some pointers on how I cull my maps and basic shaders

Agk gets slow if you don't cull away stuff off screen manually yourself.

But iam a buzzy bee with to much on my hands so keep that in mind.

I wonder if you should try to make the ceiling parts a bit darker ?
When you go retro so should you probably go all in
Something like this but not as dark as the original

Here is a tool to make cool retro sounds.
http://www.superflashbros.net/as3sfxr/
If you want blips and blops

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2014 14:53
Why did you cancel it ?

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2014 17:24
That's a shame.

DARKHALO2K had started making a similar game with DBC that showed some promise so I was thinking of backing this.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2014 08:58
I love the style of prisoner! I hope you haven't given up on these projects - they look really promising!

DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 09:50 Edited at: 9th Mar 2014 09:51
Thanks guys.

Ouya announced that they're moving away from their own hardware the same day that I launched the campaign. I asked for feedback after the news and received about two dozen emails all along the lines of "I like your screenshots, but I'll be selling my Ouya".

Ouya also stopped their support once the news broke. In the week running up tot he campaign, I had swapped quite a few emails with them. They were quick at getting back to me, and provided good feedback, but the promised advertising for my campaign never went live and they haven't responded to my messages since.

You don't sign a contract when entering in to their Free The Games promotion. This, coupled with their quick change in focus and behaviour, made me anxious about my target, should the campaign have been successful. As I would have been quitting my day job upon a successful outcome, I couldn't take any risks with the funding.

In the end, I didn't like the sudden uncertainty put upon the Ouya versions of my games. If someone believes in my work enough to put their money behind me, it wouldn't be fair for me to promise them something that may have to change.

All of this has been a huge learning experience. I spent the last six months working exclusively on the Ouya builds. I'll now focus purely on the PC side, and will be re-writing the games in DBP as I'll be able to improve each games features and presentation that way.

Thanks for your interest and support. It means the world to me!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 11:14
Quote: "Ouya announced that they're moving away from their own hardware the same day that I launched the campaign. I asked for feedback after the news and received about two dozen emails all along the lines of "I like your screenshots, but I'll be selling my Ouya"."

I can find no information that OUYA is stopping their own hardware. I can find articles that incorrectly interprets the interview with OUYA's CEO. There are so many OUYA haters out there in the media and they like to credit each other as sources. Without linking to the original article. OUYA will still continue its hardware. OUYA 2 is still on its way. The only new thing is that other devices can run the OUYA OS or something similar. So when you release your game on OUYA, anyone with compatible hardware can buy and play it.

Quote: "Ouya also stopped their support once the news broke. In the week running up tot he campaign, I had swapped quite a few emails with them. They were quick at getting back to me, and provided good feedback, but the promised advertising for my campaign never went live and they haven't responded to my messages since."

The Free The Games fund is still ongoing on their website. It's quite possible that they are swamped with emails right now. But I am just speculating. The OUYA office hours is live on Monday so this will probably come up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:17:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:17:45