Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Happy Flap - flappy clone for the contest

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2014 23:43
Ok, it\'s another one no denying it....here\'s a FLAPPY BIRD clone. Lol. Done for fun, for the Geek contest on going right now.

But this one is at least a little different because:

*It has 3d sky and water effects
*You \"level up\" with coins - the more you level the harder it gets, but in different ways....lets see if ANYONE gets as far as the lightning!!!
*Soon the coins you collect will allow differnt birds etc to be bought
*It\'s not so difficult as that first annoying bird! Lol.

Only five evenings work, so be gentle please!

Link on the PlayStore here for anyone wanting to try it, it's is free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ramsaypublishing.happyflap
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2014 00:01
P.S.

If you start it, and get no title screen, best wait for it to update - that was the early build and it has A LOT of issues that have been fixed now.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2014 00:13
Updated the app today, now the screen should display properly on all devices including those which are not 16:9 in their default ratios.

Also added the second play mode, infinite Tunnel Run. Constant walls of blocks, never ending rain, and every coin makes the world go faster and faster.

Competition aside, I'm glad I did this to find out the foilbles of AppGameKit and varying screens before I launched my proper project...learning lots if nothing else.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2014 23:27
Spent some time tonight working on my old server code, and it's flying along quite the thing now, storing and exchanging high scores with the app happily.

By the end of tomorrow, there should be a complete, functional online highscore table.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2014 00:54
Wow, the online high score table was a pain, but it's in and working like a charm, one with some much needed upgrades to my Agk server. So now you can upload your score and claim your place on the leader boards.... If you're good enough. Lol.

One last update will add one, maybe two more game types, and the shop (free, uses the game coins only - no IAP before I get yet more Slagging!) to buy new birds, and some simple upgrades (survive first hit etc). After that, I'm off back to something decent and to get lost in ai again.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2014 01:14 Edited at: 17th Mar 2014 01:16
Ok, so the third game type I was adding needed a static screen instead of a scrolling one, and I thought the sky looked a bit pants. So I spent about 90 mins adding a very basic, kinda almost procedural cloud system....but now I'm thinking with some improvement that I may replace the sky in the other game types too.

This video shows the way it was, and then a static shot. Anyone got a preference?

http://youtu.be/AcHTD792hX8
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 06:35
Video on your store listing and the last one linked say they've been removed by user. Thought you might want to know in case you don't.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 09:42
Oh I did remove them after I redid some graphics, I forgot all about that. Thank you very much, I'll replace it with a new one tonight.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2014 10:53
Just 7 days to go before the competition closing date.
Make sure your entries are posted here with the relevant information .
Good luck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:03:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:03:36