Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Question regarding building APKs using eclipse and settable permissions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2014 15:04
If I build an APK with eclipse, what kind of permission can I set?

All I want to do is have a game that plays on a device and saves some data (player settings, local highscores etc). The game won't need internet access, no adverts, no online highscores and no in app purchases.

If I just want a game to play on a device what are the minimum permission I would need? And can I get away with not having full internet access?

I've not installed or set up eclipse (and all the other guff required to build an APK) and I really just want to know if it's going to be worth it seeing as there's the online APK tool and Automate.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2014 23:28
All AppGameKit games have those permissions as standard since all of those things are in the AppGameKit eclipse project. You might be able to simply remove them, but Google will also reserve the right to decline your app for having SDKs in that aren't given permission.
I did remove the wake lock permission in dFenz and it got through ok, but it was a year ago.
If you really don't want those permissions then you'll probably need to remove IAB/IAP, GCM (push), and AdMob.
It'll not be easy. Since Google is so easy to publish on, I'd just try removing the permissions and see what happens.

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2014 21:06
Thanks for that.

I have a feeling that the first few games I publish to google play (if I ever get around to it) won't need internet access. An app that wants permission to access the internet but doesn't actually seem to use it (no adverts, no online leader boards etc) might seem a little suspicious to some people.

I'll see how it all goes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:40:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:40:44