Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can FPSC be used to create levels for a 3D Platformer in DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 21:58
I'm wondering if FPSC, the free version since I haven't purchased the full version as of yet, can be used to create levels/maps for use in a side-scrolling 3d-Platformer (similar to games like LittleBigPlanet) I'm planning on developing using Dark Basic Professional. Normally I'd have chosen to use Cartography Shop 4.1, however when I try to launch that program, I'm greeted with a message stating, "Failed to load color scheme ''.".
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 12:49
Quote: "I'd have chosen to use Cartography Shop 4.1, however when I try to launch that program, I'm greeted with a message stating, "Failed to load color scheme ''.". "

What system are you running on? have you tried running it as an admin? did you try a reinstall?

PsychoMuffin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 14:39
I believe I've tried running it as admin, but I'll double check to make sure.

Regardless however, while I was waiting for a response, I happened to stumble on a different program called MapScape, would anyone know if this would happen to be more preferable over Cartography Shop?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 15:21
MapScape by Evolved is much better than Cartography Shop, for CS is discontinued, and was an introductory tool to sell 3DWS which is also dead...

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2014 22:31
The tutorial BMacZero linked to is your best option, if it is suitable for the maps/levels you have in mind. The main reason is that it includes automatic occlusion of polys that are not visible, and light-maps the scene beautifully.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:34:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:34:08