Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Nacht und Nebel

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 12:58 Edited at: 12th Apr 2014 17:08

Take note that I don't support Nazi ideology nor any of its actions commited during World War II.
Accordingly, the following content ( although inspired by real events ) aims to be fictional and isn't meant to be offensive in any shape or form.

FOLLOW ME ON INDIEDB TO GET EXTRA INFORMATION ABOUT THE GAME

I N T R O D U C T I O N
"Nacht und Nebel" ( German for "Night and Mist" ) was a directive of Adolf Hitler that was originally intended to winnow out all political activists and resistance 'helpers', anyone endangering German security.
For Damien, a French resistant, the night represents where he is, in the dark, between decaying and dirty walls, with a thick mist engulfing his troubled mind.

Berlin, 1945. Stalin's Red Army is taking control over Berlin and turned west Germany into a vast field of ruins. Damien, a spy, has been captured by the enemy and transfered into a bunker, buried deep below Berlin. He wakes up into a squalid operating room with its door open. Hoping, he decides to make his way through the barely lit corridors of the Bunker.

But before to be able to see daylight again, he will have no other choice to learn some of the Nazis' darkest secrets and fight the abominations lurking in the shadows of the Bunker's cramped corridors...

F E A T U R E S

* Uses FPS Creator X9
* Shader-heavy visual effects for an amazing image quality
* Total immersion provided by sound effects, intense atmosphere, and the no-use of music and HUD

S I D E N O T E
A demo version containing the first two levels should be available very soon ( before the end of April ), I want to do a full release for this summer.

S C R E E N S H O T S

That's all I have to show you at the moment, thanks for reading.
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2014 22:50
Very nice work. Looking forward to seeing more progress!

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 09:24 Edited at: 25th Apr 2014 13:56
( I'm the same person than the OP, I took the wrong account to write my first post, which is initially made for my purchases on the site, sorry for this )

Nothing new to show you but I think I can do a list of which levels have been done and not done yet.

100% Done
Map Layout done
Gathering ideas for it
Not started yet

Level 1 : Lab Part A
Level 2 : Lab Part B
Level 3 : Science Team Living Quarters *
Level 4 : Military Personnel Quarters
Level 5 : Sewers A
Level 6 : Sewers B
Level 7 : Warehouse Part A
Level 8 : Warehouse Part B
Level 9 : Docks

* I have a pretty annoying optimization issue in one of the rooms of this level ( the engine seems to render the whole level when I'm inside that room ), maybe I should try to fix this ASAP...

"I like to keep this handy, for close encounters."
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 15:00
Looking nice so far.

Your entity placement looks good, your lighting looks nice and the general cohesion of everything works well.

One thing I noticed is the use of normal maps; they look a little strong. I'm not sure if it looks this way because the images are small, but, they look a tad overdone on the floor.

Other than that, great start on this!

Cheers

Jay.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 19:41
I agree with Unfamilia; level design is top notch, and lighting is spot on. Good work so far...

-Keith

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Looking nice so far.

Your entity placement looks good, your lighting looks nice and the general cohesion of everything works well.

Other than that, great start on this! "

Well spoken, unfamilia.

@Jill91/madcow , from the purist's view :
Actually, it wasn't the Russians who had bombed WEST Germany to rubbles.
And, most likely, there were no billiard rooms and no lucious velvet libraries to be found in bunkers.(Actually, one really wonders why real government bunkers even in the 60's had been designed as austere as they really were.) If that is anything to you at all, maybe, you may want to replace "bunker" by "secret underground laboratorY", or something, in your background story.

Not specific to your otherwise great looking game, but a very common mistake: Why the hell do game authors believe (or want to make us believe), that a protagonist taken to such a premise unconciously will awake after at a few hours or at worst : days to find himself in an environment seemingly exposed for years to serious decay, grunge and rot?

Nevertheless, your shots look very promising.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Uh uh
I want to play this. This looks great.

Ich bin wirklich gespannt auf euer Spiel.

Corno_1

Games make the world better
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 21:51
Quote: "Actually, it wasn't the Russians who had bombed WEST Germany to rubbles. "

Heh thank you to remind me that, I didn't corrected my text.

Quote: "Not specific to your otherwise great looking game, but a very common mistake: Why the hell do game authors believe (or want to make us believe), that a protagonist taken to such a premise unconciously will awake after at a few hours or at worst : days to find himself in an environment seemingly exposed for years to serious decay, grunge and rot? "

Actually, storyline-wise, the place itself isn't so grunge/dirty. The dark textures and the lack of vivid colours act as a reminder to the player that he's in a deep subterranean complex.

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Actually, storyline-wise, the place itself isn't so grunge/dirty. The dark textures and the lack of vivid colours act as a reminder to the player that he's in a deep subterranean complex"

Well, maybe I was misled by the term "squalid" that you used in your storyline, which immediately made me think "Oh no, not again!", especially since the screenshots you provided do NOT suggest too much grunge and dirt. Hope it stays that way.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:18
Incredible work, not surprising from you

I can't believe it's FPS Creator, the ambiance is a amazing

Keep it up !

Finally ! FPS Creator Reloaded beta's out !
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 00:42 Edited at: 19th Apr 2014 00:45

( Background image made by St4ze, text have been written by myself )

Yep, that's right. Stay tuned.

VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 22:28 Edited at: 19th Apr 2014 22:29
+1, I agree LeCTODN.
Render unto Caesar what belongs to him
Super mapping, super lightmapping is level Wolf.

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 00:37
Quote: "Render unto Caesar what belongs to him
Super mapping, super lightmapping is level Wolf."

Haha! Agreed!

Looking brilliant. Your lighting is awesome and the atmosphere in the screenshots is clearly visible.

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2014 20:49 Edited at: 25th Apr 2014 20:52
Hey there, how are you ?

I'm now starting the wartorn themed levels but I'm facing a pretty big problem : does anyone have ever tried and achieved to create this kind of level in FPSC ?

I mean, I want to give a guerilla ( not war ) feeling to my last levels ( Berlin streets ) but I think I'm not gonna make it mostly because my game is very shader-intensive and the AI puts a real burden on any computer, any advices on how I should create my last levels ?

Thank you.

EDIT : I've just thought about a design idea, a succession of outdoor arenas all linked by corridors in ruined buildings, what do you think about that ?

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 00:58
That idea sounds cool

Don't waste your life
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 11:28
Hello, I've scrapped the wartorn levels, instead there will be a warehouse-themed map with a boss fight and a few enemies.

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2014 16:48
Hey, I'm double posting because I've got a very serious problem about the final release of the game :

After building, the whole game runs fine, but it appears to crash at level 6, and I don't know why, it's memory cap is perfectly under the limit and it appears to occur randomly, I removed a few static objects from the map, but this thing still happens.

For some reason it didn't occured when I've placed my player starting point out of the playable area.

I'm using Win7 64bit and FPSC 1.20.15

I'm gonna create a new thread in the chat section to get more answers, but if you can help me here, then it's fine.

Thank you again.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 07:03 Edited at: 13th May 2014 07:05
Try building the game in 1.18. You might have some issues pop-up but at least its a more stable build.

EDIT: I should further explain why this should work. First of all, I've had this issue past 1.18. I sometimes could not even load a save game without crashing. Going back to 1.18 stock fixed all my issues. You should try it.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:23:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:23:05