Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / The Bird Game - TGC Nexus Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2014 05:47 Edited at: 5th May 2014 00:47
Hi Guys,

I've been hard at work for the past week working on my competition entry for the TGC Nexus Competition, so sorry I didn't get around to posting this until now thread (I know it's a bit last minute).

Below are some pictures of the "The Bird Game":

The game was made using AppGameKit V1 Tier 1, however a few features were "hacked" into the interpreter such as:

Google Play Game Services for leaderboards and achievements
Admob full screen interstitial ads

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 29th Apr 2014 06:13
Mind writing a tut on how to hack the T1 player?

As for the game, it looks cool! I installed it onto my dead phone to get you an extra install, I might install it onto my working phone when I've cleared some space off it too.

Audacia Games - Facebook - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2014 21:53
I'd be very interested in knowing how you implemented Google Play services. Please let us know!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Mind writing a tut on how to hack the T1 player?"
Quote: "I'd be very interested in knowing how you implemented Google Play services. Please let us know!"

Hey Guys,

Yodogs5 is my brother, he made the artwork for this game while I handled all the programming. Writing a tutorial for implementing Google Play Services would probably be a bit of an in-depth tutorial. If there is enough community in interest in one I wouldn't mind writing one. For now, I can tell you that the method I used is quite similar to the method I used to get the Ouya SDK working with AGK. I explained that a bit here in this post: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=206360&b=41&msg=2466825#m2466825

Sean

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2014 00:55
I spent a bit of time integrating Chartboost ads so I have an idea of how to do it, but would love to at the very least just see your java files. With Chartboost I repurposed the CreateAdvert command to do all of the necessary work. I'm wondering how you did it.

ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2014 01:23
I was going to try to implement Google Play services but I wanted to get started programming games.

So, I'm very interested.

Joeisms
KG2Entertainment.com
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2014 02:37 Edited at: 2nd May 2014 02:37
I definitely interested in how you went about adding leaderboards

Audacia Games - Facebook - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2014 11:44
Same here Also, the full screen AdMob interstitial ads would be great!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll see about making a tutorial sometime soon.

Sean

Yodogs5
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

The Bird Game has been released on iOS, using full screen interstitial admob ads and Game Center you can get it here:

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2014 09:11
Looking forward to it

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 04:30 Edited at: 7th May 2014 04:30
On the leaderboards, is it just an AGKHelper.java mod like Naphiers Chartboost interstitial ads hack?
If so, would you mind sending me the details/files to developer@audaciagames.com? I want to integrate this into my newest WIP and would like to get it done as soon as possible. If you can't, I understand completely, but if so, I'd really appreciate it

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "On the leaderboards, is it just an AGKHelper.java mod like Naphiers Chartboost interstitial ads hack?"

They're a bit more complicated than that, it's a modification of several files such as the main.c, manifest.xml, and a custom java file.

Sean

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2014 01:17
Are you actually able to return the google user id (getPlayerID) back to the tier 1 code? This would be important for me because I'd like to use it as a sign-in option for Wordspionage and for that I need a unique identifier that will persist across multiple devices.

You're correct, I don't make any changes to main.c
I'm very curious to know what changes you had to make there.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Are you actually able to return the google user id (getPlayerID) back to the tier 1 code?"

I didn't have any use for GetPlayerID, however with some edits it would be easily possible to return into back into tier 1 code.

Sean

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2014 03:39
Ok then, do you know approximately when you'll be able to write a tut by? This is basically the only feature left to add to my latest WIP, so I can't really move forward much with it until then Of course, I can simply start planning my next game Already got an idea for it (one that should actually make a considerable profit, unlike ever single other app I've ever made)

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok then, do you know approximately when you'll be able to write a tut by?"

I'll see if I can get it up sometime this weekend.

Sean

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 09:34
Cool thanks

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Guys,

I made the tutorial for full screen interstitial Admob ads. I started off with this one since it's a lot easier and less in-depth than Google Play Services. I still plan on making the tutorial for Google Play Services, however it'll probably be quite a lengthy tutorial so it could take some time.

Here's the link for the interstitial ad tutorial:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=211035&b=41

Sean

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2014 08:56
Excellent tut there, looking forward to the next!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:58:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:58:57