Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / I don't understand why my picture isn't showing up?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2014 21:10
I've searched quite a bit to find the reason why my picture isn't showing up in-game, and I've copied some scripts and tried to alter them into my game to have them work, but they don't seem to do that... I can't script, but I'm doing my best to figure it out, I'm just not getting anywhere. I have a file called letter.tga located in gamecore/huds, and the script reads this:

I want to apply that to a TriggerZone where when you walk up to it, you can read a note in that square segment. I'm sure there's some sort of easy fix, but I'm still scratching my head. Any help?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2014 02:22
Clanksits
It's easy to get confused when one first starts out with the
scripts. Easy fix. As long as your image is where you stated
it will work.

Look over the changes and you will slowly get a grasp
of how the script works.
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Clanksits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2014 03:10
That didn't seem to do the trick. I'm assuming you wanted me to set up the script like this:

However, I applied that to a TriggerZone and it did nothing when I walked into the block I placed it in. Just to try and see if I could try something different with that information, I applied that same code to a dynamic desk. The reason why is because on that desk, I want there to be a letter that instantly pops up when you get close to it. All that happened was the desk shot across the room, and then was useless from there on. Didn't do a thing. Any further suggestions?
Clanksits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2014 05:06
I'm assuming you meant to have the code as
right? Whenever I applied that to the TriggerZone, nothing happened... I'm not sure what to do :/
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2014 17:26
Clanksits
Quote: " applied that same code to a dynamic desk"

No, it wont work. If you look at the script it calls for the player
to be within a "zone", hence "plrwithinzone=". So you need to use a trigger zone. Also, I mentioned to make sure your image is
where you stated. Look in your file structure and you'll see two
"gamecore" folders. One gamecore in the main "file" directory, the other is "languagebank\english\gamecore\text..."

Double check where you placed your image "letter.tga" and point the script to the right location. Also, is your image a "full screen" like letter to read? Or just some text near bottom of screen? If it's "full screen" change the script from
"hudx=50,hudy=90" to "hudx=50,hudy=50. That centers your image on
screen. (hudx=% from left to right / hudy=% from top to bottom)
Since you had hudy=90 it was near the bottom, maybe off of screen?
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Clanksits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2014 04:39
Ah! Okay! I finally got it to work, I wasn't aware there were two gamecore files. Perhaps I was just being dumb and not correctly reading the script... I never was very good at it anyway. Thank you so much for the help!

-Clank

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:35:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:35:17