Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Difference between dark physics and Dark Dynamix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 05:18
Been out of TGC products for a while, but I have dark physics. I see that dark dynamics is based on Physx.
Can someone be kind to explain a bit more, some comparation of the two products? Is it some on-top of dark physics or are unrelated products_?
If I purchase, will it work with open source DBP-GDK?

Sorry if I missed something...

May the 3d force B with U
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th May 2014 12:44
Non-relative, DDyn removes the need for the PhysX Runtime and uses a slightly updated PhysX model.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 18:00
My personal experiences with Dark Physics have only been reasonable when working with rigid bodies, static collision meshes and joints. It also features a library of example projects whereas the Dynamix example files do not cover much of the commandset.

Other than that the vehicle, character and general purpose functionality of Dark Dynamix are much more reliable and consistent.

The only reason I would opt for Dark Physics is if you want to use something with lots of example files or cannot get Dark Dynamix to work with the open source DBP-GDK; you can obtain a free copy of the limited 'lite' edition of Dynamix here.

Be aware that there are other forum searchable collision or physics libraries such as Nuclear Glory and ODE physics available.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 18:45
Thanks guys, it clarifies the issue.

May the 3d force B with U

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:39:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:39:34