Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Released] Rocket Run

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 17:30 Edited at: 27th Aug 2014 21:51
Hi all, here's a little 'pick up and play' game we have put together using AppGameKit V1, available on Google Play and iOS.

Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funichproductions.rocketrun

iOS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rocket-run/id905813222?mt=8

Simply control the Rocket and see how far you can get. We have an online leaderboard (thanks Phaelax) for which the scores are also displayed in game (illustrated in 2nd screenshot).

As always, any comments/suggestion always welcome

Here's a short vid;

And some screenshots;

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 17:31 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2014 17:32
Screenshot 2

Attachments

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 17:32 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2014 17:33
Screenshot 3

Attachments

micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2014 00:42
Hi All

Excellent game Funnell7 , thought this was very good indeed , great colourful gfx's and nice soundtrack plays perfectly , would have liked to see the background stars slowly scrolling to give a little extra depth , but a very additive game well done

mick8
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2014 15:52
Thanks micky4fun and Naphier....

The background stars did originally move, but for simplicity I just went with a static background. I'll take another look at this at some point I'm sure...

I've just submitted an update as I had to rewrite my POST and GET commands for the leaderboard. I was originally using SendHTTPRequest and not SendHTTPRequestASync, as in all honesty, I didn't know what the difference was. This caused the app to hang for anything up to ~30 seconds as it was waiting for the response. I now use the ASych command and do my own 'waiting'...

I have to call the global board quite frequently as the leaderboard scores are displayed in game... Anyway, I've rambled on enough, I think its all fixed now and the new version should be live in a couple hours
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2014 13:39
This is good Funnell7

The controls are really sensitive on tablets but you get used to them after a while. Like the highscore server feature, and the bar showing the personnel best, it’s got that just one more go feel to it. The only part i would update is the asteroids maybe you could use a rock texture to make it look more realistic.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2014 14:04
Thanks yamyam... The controls are indeed very sensitive, we must have changed the sensitivity about 100 times lol. We settled for as it is on the basis that although its quite sensitive, you still have enough time to get out the way... Any less sensitive and you'd struggle when the rocket speeds up... Thanks again
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 16:25 Edited at: 12th Aug 2014 16:25
Rocket Run is now available on iOS... (Took us long enough lol)...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rocket-run/id905813222?mt=8
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 18:23
Congrats!!
I've downloaded and reviewed with 5 stars, but I have to say it is too difficult to play for me As soon as I move the rocket once it is soo hard to get it to ont fly off to the edge of the screen. Every think about allowing it to come to rest if the player isn't moving it?

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 18:28
Lol thanks Naphier! It is definitely very hard (and maybe we should do something about that), but with practice you do get the hang of it. Just take a look at the leaderboard, there are some huge scores on there! My best is over 40,000
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 18:48
It also doesn't help that I'm using a 3GS and the phone is only about 3 fingers wide for me

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 21:39
Brilliant! Best little casual time waster I have played, made with AGK. 5 stars and a little comment Good art and music, solid and fun gameplay. I think this has potential if you get noticed enough.

Two things: Back button doesn't work. I can't use capital letters when entering my name. Could this be because I use Swiftkey as my keyboard?

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 11:15
Thanks DA, I appreciate the comments! When you say you cannot use capital letters, does it let you type them, but when you press submit they disappear? Or will it not even let you type them out... If the latter, then it is probably a compatibility issue with AppGameKit and SwiftKey...

I ask this as I restrict certain keys by using the ASCII Table, and maybe I have unintentionally restricted caps

I'll get the Back Button added too, was just being lazy... Thanks again!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 14:46
When I switch to caps they don't show up in the box when I type.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:33:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:33:11