Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Released] [Android][TRAX]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2014 17:02
Hi all

After many months of trying to make an app for android, and many hours reading the excellent help on these forums. Thank you all. I have managed to release my first app on Google Playstore.

Written in Tier 1 its amazing what can be achieved with AGK.

The game is a Slot Fruit Machine sim. With many features making it a fun game to play without having to spend any dosh.

Hope you like it and maybe a review or two.

Link to playstore

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yamsoft.trax

Can you complete the TRAX Fun FREE slot fruit machine with many features.
Play the reels to climb the TRAX. Land on one of the mini games and advance higher to win more chips.
Realistic chip payout, drag and drop your virtual chips for more credits.

Features:
• All features unlocked ready to play
• No waiting for more chips, realistic payout in the chip tray.
• Drag the chips to the chip slot for credits.
• Scrolling play field the higher you climb on the TRAX.
• High Score for the TRAX champion,
• All high scores and credit saved.
• Holds
• Nudges
• Hi Low Game
• BullsEye Game
• Dice Game
• Stop A Win Game
• Spin And Win Game

Video and screen shots are on the playstore.

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 01:06
This is very good yamyam, I found myself playing it a lot longer than I had anticipated lol! I was desperate to complete the 'TRAX' I managed to get the R, A, and X, but couldn't get the 'T'!!

A fruit machine is something I have always wanted to do (takes me back to my college years)! I'd love to be able to produce something like this. Would you be happy to share some details around how you create a fruit machine app? It's the maths side of it I struggle most with, like working out what fruit to spin in, percentage wins, etc etc, just seems too complicated for me lol...
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 12:57
Thank you Funnell for your kind remarks and really pleased for a little feedback at last lol.

The idea for the game came from my wife originally way back in 1992 when she asked if i could make a pub fruit machine style game on the Amiga. having wrote the TRAX game way back then and released it as shareware, i was lucky enough to get a two page centre spread in C&V games. i forgot about the idea until recently when my wife asked me if i could write it again for her android tablet.

Quote: "Would you be happy to share some details around how you create a fruit machine app?"

Certainly although i believe i am not in the same league as some of the excellent coders on this forum, i would be more than happy to share how i managed to complete the game.

Quote: " like working out what fruit to spin in, percentage wins, etc"

To achieve this is quite easy actually, for example you create a atlas strip for the reels, i used 20 symbols per reel, the reels then has more cherries on the first reel than other symbols(3) and five on the second reel and so on for the other reels, this way by random stopping the reels using a timer you would get more cherries than for example BARS on the reels, So using this formula you can work out the payouts, More symbols more chance of landing on the win reel. Lots of trial and error, moving the symbols around but it seems to work. And for the jackpot you would have only one on each reel for example T R A X only appear once on each reel.

Making a sprite atlas of the reels makes it easy to check the win line maths. For example if the "T" in Trax is frame 1 on reel one
and the "R" on reel two is frame one and so on to reel four.

When the reels stop we just check for a win line using the FR1 = the active frame on the win line. Here is an example from my code.

With Spinwin = the amount to pay.

Hope this helps.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 13:25 Edited at: 16th Jun 2014 13:26
Thanks yamyam, that's exactly the way I am toying with at the moment, doing it all by probability based on how many fruits are on each reel.

What about nudges, holds etc, are these all just completely random too?

Something else I forgot to mention, the idea of manually placing the coins in the slot is great, but maybe it would be worth making it optional. I ended up playing for quite a while (I was desperate to get TRAX lol), and towards the end I was getting a bit annoyed with having to keep dragging the coins over (it didn't help that most of the coin is actually hidden by the ads either)... Maybe a button to insert all coins or something?
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 14:13
Quote: "What about nudges, holds etc, are these all just completely random too?"

The nudges are available if you get the "?" on reel two,and the number of nudges is determined by the reel next to the start button which spins each time from one to four.

The holds are randon generated, but not after a win, and a little weighting is added to the code, so you have less chance of getting holds each time.

Here is my code for the hold function.

We have a 1 in 3 chancce of an hold the first time and then if we get holds we have a 1 in 5 chance the second time.

The chip payout looks realistic and is great to place the coins in the slot but must admit i made a mistake with placing the ads.
not having used admob before i didnt know where exactly they would show. So i hide the ads when the screen is scrolling and place them at the top of the screen away from the chips on small devices so they are not in the way. On tablets they are always below the play area.

Where i went wrong is i didnt check for medium screen sizes.
so they are still at the bottom, i will alter my code to move them
to the top on medium size screens on the next update. When the game is quit it saves the chips to the credit side of the game.

Great idea on a button for people who dont want to drag them to the chip slot.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2014 11:53 Edited at: 20th Jun 2014 11:53
yamyam, just to let you know, I downloaded the update and still have issues with the ad placement (I have a Samsung S4)... Image below.

Also, I finally got TRAX (via the featureboard), and was expecting to get the 150 Jackpot, but I didn't Is that by design?

Attachments

yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2014 12:38
Thanks for feedback on the ads, Funnell, not having any testers who owned an S4 not sure why the ads do not move to top of the screen on an S4 they do on all other smaller devices we tested on. This is the code i used for checking the screen size anyone got any ideas why this dont work on S4?

The payout of the TRAX=150 is when you get them on the win lines.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2014 14:23 Edited at: 20th Jun 2014 14:27
Quote: "The payout of the TRAX=150 is when you get them on the win lines."
It was was abit of an anti-climax when I finally got TRAX via the featureboard, I have to be honest...

I think you have them the wrong way around (according to your comments at least).

Top would be CreateAdvert(0, 1, 0, 0), and bottom CreateAdvert(0, 1, 2, 0)

CreateAdvert( type, horz, vert, test )

Parameters

type - reserved, must be 0
horz - The horizontal position of the ad, 0=left, 1=center, 2=right
vert - The vertical postion of the ad, 0=top, 1=center, 2=bottom
test - Set to 1 to receive a non
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2014 12:05 Edited at: 21st Jun 2014 12:08
This is a screenshot from my Nexus 7 tablet.

Will alter the code on the next update,so only tablets display ads at the bottom.
The game does not require any internet connection to play
So ads will be disabled if no internet connection is available.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Attachments

yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2014 17:08
Have made an update to the main code on Google play. Adverts should show at the top of phones now.
Also added Funnell7 suggestion of jackpot when all the TRAX are down with a 150 payout and a jackpot sound.

Thanks for your help Sir

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2014 18:14
Quote: "Also added Funnell7 suggestion of jackpot when all the TRAX are down"

Yay!! But damn, now I've got to get TRAX again lol!

Adverts are now positioned correctly for me, good work...
yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2014 18:28 Edited at: 27th Jun 2014 20:00
Quote: "Yay!! But damn, now I've got to get TRAX again lol! "

This made me smile

Because i have removed all of my cheat code from the game i had to complete the TRAX as well, took me a while.

Here is a short video of your suggestion actually in the game if you cant get them down.

yamyam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 13:54
Due to having to update our apps with the new Google Play services, I have taken the opportunity to add updates to TRAX from feedback received.

First a thank you to Hockeykid for his excellent tutorial
[Tutorial] Full Screen Interstitial Admob Ads In AppGameKit Tier 1

With the scrolling screen and problems with positioning of ads, this method of interstitial ads works well with TRAX, clearing the play area completely and
Only showing full screen ads when players achieve an high score.

Features added

Gamble Feature Added.
Bank Button Added
Play All Lines Added.
New Highscore System.

Few players saying input box was locking or freezing when trying to add there name, so i wrote my own highscore routine.
seems to work well

Short video of new features and highscore routine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:47:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:47:11