Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2014 20:59
Is there a maximum speed that you can use with dark AI? I am trying to simulate the movement of aircraft objects. Once i set a speed assignment greater than say about 2.0, there doesn't seem to be any increase. This is very problematic in trying to make aircraft appear to move at a believable rate. They are just creeping along very slowly. I even scaled my scene to half its size to help give the appearance of a greater speed. Its not making any difference. Also, I tried using "AI Update Timediff". TimeDiff is calculated from the Timer() value to the last timer value I save as a global variable. It too, has not impact on performance. Any ideas would be appreciated. The problem is impacting my project, TOWER CAB.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Playing
Posted: 10th Jul 2014 01:49
Are you not multiplying the values? no code but just a wild guess... or more something I would have tried...

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2014 14:25
Thanks for your inquiry MrValentine. What I ended up doing was having to scale my scenery/models to about 1/4 of their size. Now I am able to issue speed values that work. I take the aircraft speed /100 so that range is 0 - 2.5; say (0 - 250 knots). My 3d models were just too big.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Playing
Posted: 10th Jul 2014 14:34
Thanks for the reply

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-11-15 20:59:32
Your offset time is: 2018-11-15 20:59:32