Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Play Store issues with screenshots and random rants

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I uploaded 4 screenshots on the play store for each device type. 4 for phones, 4 for 7" tablets and 4 for 10" tablets. They are, in fact, the same 4 images that I made on my computer with the windows exe.

The problem is that on the playstore page I see 12 images, even when I'm on the play store of my phone.

Did I miss something ?

And for the random rants :
#1 : I hate it when a company puts a "contact us" link which sends you to a stupid automatic troubleshooting form.
#2 : where the hell am I supposed to get help for the play store ? I can't even find a self help forum !
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2014 12:02
Google has got to be the worlds worst for Developer Support, but then its free, so am not really surprised. Apple on the other hand are excellent, but that'll cost you $99 a year!

In regards to your Screenshot issue, I think that's pretty normal, I wondered the same thing, but notice that all apps do the same thing.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2014 07:04
Google's not free. It's $25 plus they skim 30%. There support should be better. That's the only gripe I have on Google over Apple. Apple's support is not bad (it at least exists and you can actually talk to people).
Regarding the screenshots. This isn't an issue, this is by design. It's not great design, but...yeah.
If you want the game to be listed as made for tablets you need to upload tablet screenshots and have max API at 19.
What happens is the play store is supposed to take a look at your device resolution and show the screenshots that match your device. I think what really happens is that those get shown first. At any rate I think I've always seen duplicates. It's annoying and I'm sure they're working on improving it.
Same thing happens to the big guys.
What you could do is have different screenshots for the device sizes, not just different sizes, but different images. That way you could at least give some variation. I just duplicate though.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 23:45
Quote: "Google's not free. It's $25"

Quite right... It was a long time ago when I signed up and forgot they charged... Its Amazon which was (is?) free when I signed up...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2014 01:05
Yeah, Amazon was free when I signed up too, maybe a year ago. Not sire if it still is.

kusonpadam
Years of Service
User Offline
I can see the photos you've sent it?

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2014 12:07
Just skimming the forums. I had to note that Google dev support is much better now. You can actually live chat with support which is awesome. 10x better that Apple all around. My last few communications to Apple have gone completely un-responded to. They rejected one of our updates because we have permissions set for ads, but they didn't see the ads... Well we don't show ads until you play a game! No problems with this before and all of our apps are this way - complete a level/turn, see an ad. 2 years later "where's the ads"... lol
Sorry, rant over

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:44:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:44:15