Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP][Android/PC] Rabbit Slayer

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 17:17 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2014 17:19
Rabbit Slayer WIP Thread

Hi all. I thought I'd start a WIP thread for my game. I don't really have anything to show yet, but this will be kinda like a dev blog, so there'll be more soon, and I'll be explaining how the systems work internally.

I've been working on this for a (short) while, but now that I have a bit of free time* development should move quickly.

Description

You're the Rabbit Slayer, saviour of the world. Those cute fluffy bunnies are going bad and it's your job to stop them....without hurting the good ones.

Basically, it'll be a two-touch game. Each side of the screen will be an invisible virtual joystick; the left side will control movement (left/right/jump), while the right side will swing the guy's sword around. Some rabbits will be good, some will be bad, with more spawning fairly frequently. All rabbits will leap about randomly, but the bad ones will leap towards you and, once in the air, turn into a monster and attempt to eat you. You have to swing you sword around to send splattered rabbit flying.

The game will be available on Android and possibly PC also.

I'm currently using Kenny's art from The Open Bundle as placeholder landscape art, but I quite like its style, so, with some slight modifications, it may become the final art.

The player character is a guy I animated for a concept/prototype I made in MMF2 a while back for a Sword & Sworcery-style game. I created the rabbit specifically for this project and it's fully animated with 54 frames.

What it looks like so far (ignore the misaligned collision box on the player and the lack of arms/sword - this is as far as I got tonight):

*Yeah right

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2014 12:31
So yes, I AM going to spam most of the threads I have created recently with a message:

VOTE FOR RTA! The voting is down the bottom of the page and does not require a login.

Rush To Adventure is an awesome retro Zelda-style 2D platformer made with AppGameKit that's already doing really well on Android mobile devices and Ouya. It's created by Digital Awakening, who has put a huge amount of work into this game; it's well worth checking out and VOTING FOR. Go. Now. Vote for RTA!

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2014 14:49
Your consistent level design elements look nice and immaculately arrayed; even though they are outsourced, you should have your final personalized design extend from that continuum of design.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2014 16:24
Quote: "Your consistent level design elements look nice and immaculately arrayed; even though they are outsourced, you should have your final personalized design extend from that continuum of design."

Haha thanks I just place stuff so that it looks right. I have a pretty specific idea for what the level should look like in my mind, so I create the shape of the level from that and then add appropriate decoration after. I particularly like how the current level assets fit together so well, but they don't quite match my art style, so I intend to batch-modify them so they fit in better

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:23:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:23:57