Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9]Kshatriya Challenges: File 001

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 16:44
If you'd have shown this kind of work one or two years prior, your threat would already be six pages long!

This is the best FPSC work I have ever seen. Atmosphere and coherence of outdoor scenes are unmachted by the work of anyone else, and I know you well enough that these are all part of real/playable levels and not just fake screenshots that blow the memorycap and only have 20 seconds of gameplay.

Its sad that the classic community came to such a drastic halt, but its also fantastic that you gave FPSC the requiem it deserved.
You should have my FPSC-Master batch...because this is about as masterful as it gets!

Keep it up!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 17:33
thank you wolf. although some of the stuff I have to do to extend gameplay feels almost cheap considering how much level i have to work into so little actual space, but I like to think it's kept mildly interesting with soundbytes here and there and some more cool animated setpieces. I already know the amount of platforming and platforming puzzles I've put in this game will recieve some negative criticism but i'm including lots of it anyway because the best way how to learn how to make platforming tolerable is to keep updating it with the demands episode after episode. thank you for your kind comment.

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2014 06:12
due to time, interest, memorycap, and other general concerns, this game has been cut to 3 levels, but will be capped off with a sweet cutscene. I have decided to do this so that I can release it sooner, and get working on my next game, and other various game/project ideas. that said, with all 3 levels constructed, we will hopefully see a release in the next few weeks.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2014 12:38 Edited at: 20th Dec 2014 12:57
Great to see your progress, Bugsy! Like Wolf said, would you have presented this two years ago this thread would not have been just two pages long. Can't wait Bugsy, looking forward to the release.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2015 01:10
sorry to get everyone's hopes up but I'm afraid that this game will not be able to happen. Most of my FPSC data is stuck on the world's most corrupted, slow, agonizing harddrive, that I can't even access due to my computer not even being able to post an image on screen. at first i thought that my graphics card had died because thats what the debug light on the motherboard and corresponding owners manual data led me to believe, but after blowing 200$ on another graphics card, I discovered that perhaps the issue is not even my graphics card

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2015 21:53
Aw that's a shame. What the status now?

Don't waste your life

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 06:00
the status now is that my computer has since died several times. I've had to replace the motherboard, graphics card, hard drive, powersupply, and tbh at this point it's more work to save it than it's really worth. I plan to invest my effort into game guru so when it becomes capable of making a fully formidable game I'll know what I'm doing. I also feel like I'll make more money off that store just because of the sheer volume of customers.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2015 08:01
you would. being everything is so new and there is still a lot of space to fill on different type of models. scifi models and cyber punk model are lacking in the store. if you could make a full theme of outside models it would be worth it. you might make enough money to put to the side for a new pc. plus now it seem that guru can do side scrolling games with a little work with the cam lock. plus performance is going to get beef up. for the price of what they are selling guru for people would have to be crazy not to buy this engine. you get get fill all the way up to you neck with models.lol

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 19:28 Edited at: 5th Aug 2015 19:32

here's a trailer I cut together with the majority of the best clips from this game. my comp managed to die before I ever finished level 3 but rest assured it was pretty sick. If I get another sata cable I'll get all my data off my old HDD and maybe mess around in FPSC-deloaded a little more but no guarantees this game gets made, good chance I'm just going to devote my efforts to GG (especially once they make lightmapping a thing)

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2015 07:06
Fpsc-deloaded! Too funny man!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 16:16
Posted to unlock.
-Keith
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 20:45
thank you very much keithC! I should get the voice acting finished up today, and that leaves the finale cutscene (which I'm not sure if i'm going to make it a cutscene or a playable part) and the loadingscreens/menus

Expect WAY MORE challenge from this game than from the first kshatriya. more difficult urban jungle navigation, more combat, and more puzzles and trying to figure out where to go. I wanted mainly to make an experience that more youtube letsplays of would be over 10 minutes. still 3 levels, (possible 3.5) and just like the last one, there's more than one way to do most of the puzzles or navigate to your destination.

There will be music in this game, but as of yet I'm not sure if i'm going to go the OPS (if anyone remembers those games) route of doing it myself or if i'll do the same thing as the last episode and use freeplay stuff and remixes

although there will be less crowd characters in this game (bordering on none) there are a few interesting unseen characters that will make appearances in future episodes. here's some screenshots:

Victor (CrafterVic)
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2015 01:22
Bugsy, I thought the game was dead! I can't believe its on the works! Can't wait to play it!
Vic
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2015 21:39

here's the last screenshot you're gonna get before you get the game! decided to go with no cutscene but split the last setpiece moment of level 3 off into its own level.
I've already made the loadingscreens and menus, and put all the voice acting in game. I just have a few more final touches, then a round or two of beta testing among my friends, to determine what if any other changes are needed, then its done!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2015 01:54 Edited at: 15th Nov 2015 02:03
I got this game to successfully build first try, but the built game loads pretty much completely, then stops working without error. IDK what that signifies but I could use some help with this issue if this community is active anymore.

EDIT. got it to play at texture size divided by 2, but once level 2 loaded it gave me "Runtime Error 7303- Light does not exist at line 37047"
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2015 17:20
I had a very similar problem with Shavra : Black November. Sorry that I can't help you
\"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!\" - Rick Bamber
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2015 05:06
damn, I guess that probably means It's just too much crap for poor old fpsc handle. I'll record a playthru of every map for the time being in case this game can never be, I'd like everyone to at least see how cool it could have been.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2015 06:13 Edited at: 28th Dec 2015 06:13

and here is that video
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 03:56
UPDATE:

had to use the pre-alpha version of level 2, but this game can now be played completely through (with some commitment)! I am proud to announce I will be making a showcase thread for it today. The new level 2 is 1/3 the length, 1/2 the size, 1/4 as open ended, almost as difficult, and 75% as fun as the original.

A WARNING:
this game puts the "punk" in cyberpunk to an annoying extent. you must save often, and if a level fails to load, which it often will, reload your last save and not having to have loaded the previous level will probably counteract the problem. you can also further divide texture size. make sure to save before entering the vents in the garage on level 2, as level 3 typically fails to load the most and it's annoying to have to start all over. if you start the game in level 2 then go to level 3, it works.

I have no idea the minimum or recommended system specs to play this game. I made it on a 6 core 3.5 ghz fx6300, 8gb memory, and a Radeon R9 270X.
maxiqueen123
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow it looks amazing but wolf say the true the Super hotel sign looks like Paint
Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Bugsy, this looks great!! I hope to see more of it.

Starmind
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 07:37
go play it! its available in the showcase board.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:17:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:17:39