Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Check my new webspace - some games uploaded!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, finally got my DBPcommunity site working with several pages on it. You can currently get 'Zero' (space flight racing thingie), 'Smash' (3d air hockey/pong game), and 'the City' (random city sim program).

go here;
http://www.dbpcommunity.com/hmm/

I hope there's no bandwidth limit on DBPC, or at least a large limit. There may also be some prob with it that i haven't foreseen (seems to happen to me all the time).

anyway, enjoy, and please post feedback.

coincidence? how about pure cosmic convergence!
Shadow Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
The link to 'Smash' has no graphics, the other two links lead to blank screens.

I'm using DBPro to write "Suger Free Candyland", for diabetic children!
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
?!
The links work fine when i check them. btw, there are no screens of smash cos it's not partuclarily stunning in appearance.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 19:27
it works fine in internet explorer 6 but not in mozilla 5, what language did you use to make it?
apart from the incompatibilities its a pretty nice design

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
I made it using microsoft word, and saved the file as a web page.

Shadow Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "works fine in internet explorer 6 but not in mozilla 5"

Yep, that was it. I used Mozilla earlier, but all is fine using IE.

I'm using DBPro to write "Suger Free Candyland", for diabetic children!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 03:03
I tried the city and zero and here are my thoughts

The City:
Obviously fairly early on in the project still, the car phystics need to give a different feel when getting into different cars, also the players cars wheels dont turn, the traffic is perhaps a little too congested and the Fiats wheel turns are bugged.

I'm not sure how big the city is, but introducing some new fractal rules to create some diversity would be a good idea, such as a highway section, an industrial estate, a housing area etc.

Zero
Quite a smooth little game and I enjoyed it. The installer only placed an uninstall on my start menu (I specified my own path), therefor giving me no meens to run the game without navigating my hard disk. The trails version of the game needs to either test if you are moving when placing a trail piece or to force a minimum move speed. Overall a nice smooth game, although obviously only a small project with a few more ideas in there it could have some replayability

Good stuff.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 20:26
I love how the car rotates when u jump in 'the City'. Any chance u can tell me how u did it?

Also runs at a good fps. Though the collision is not so good. Did u make the cars? There sweet!

I would love to see this game finished!

hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx for the comments.

I've been doing a little work on it 'the city' here and there. I'm currently adding more sounds (skidding and maybe some music). I'll also get round to twiddling with the car physics variable to get them feeling perfect, aswell as sorting out the rolling wheels.

I've already got different turning and acceleration for different cars, but is I agree it doesnt vary enough.

Oliver: can't post the code for the slowly rotation in the air but I can explain. I'm currently using the tilt function on the cars and my own gravity code. Every loop, i find out how much the car has rotated in x and z axis and store it. If they car then jumps, i just continue the rotation ofg the car using these values (which I slightly decrease over time). Hope that was good explanation.

Dragon of Logic
Years of Service
User Offline
How do you play The City? I couldn't figure out the keys. Everything I tried appeared to do nothing.
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
arrowkeys - move
spacekey - get in/out of car

that's it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 05:58:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 05:58:36