Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Really need the Flow chart for Setup-Title-Loading pages version 1.20.018

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2014 23:36
I am so frustrated at trying to decipher code to find the ins and outs of the Setup-Title-Loading pages. You don't program something without a flow chart and I would really really be a happy lady if someone would point me in the direction of it's location.
version 1.20.018

I had it down for 119 but 120 is totally different to bi pass title or loading pages yet retain functions to display when they are required.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2014 06:16
Quote: "I am so frustrated at trying to decipher code to find the ins and outs of the Setup-Title-Loading pages. You don't program something without a flow chart and I would really really be a happy lady if someone would point me in the direction of it's location."

The game won, game over, title page, loading page, and setuplevel are in the following folder...

Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\GAMEFOLDER

...remember during a test of a level from the editor, the mygame folder is what is used for the above.

The backdrops are located in either...

Files\languagebank\english\gamecore\backdrops

... or ...

Files\gamecore\backdrops

These are where the images for the buttons, title page, etc are located. At least, that is where the default installation does.

Quote: "You don't program something without a flow chart"

For the record, very few of us still use flowcharts (us older generation programmers or most I know still do). I'm afraid you will confuse the younger masses with the request.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 20:42
Well I see now why homes slide into the ocean's rivers and lakes. Without a blueprint and essayers report how would you know how deep to put the pilings to support the home?

Same with anything you build. Whether a car, porch, or even virtual software.

Anyway the world has moved on and I didn't move with it.

Now I am refering to

or

In 119 you could use it, and other hacks, but
120.8 with public fpsc-game.exe it will not work.
I wanted something so I could see how the new gameover.fpi
gamewon.fpi
loadingpage.fpi
setuplevel.fpi
titlepage.fpi
files interact.

PS we learned the lesson of planing 5 years before the a Galveston Hurricane. That destroyed almost every home lining the coast.
The only homes left were the few that had professional's do ground testing and sank their pilings the extra 29 feet into the ground, and used Reinforced concrete instead of wooden beams. What that has to do with anything I have no idea. Just a brain expelling useless information I guess.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:07:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:07:49