Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / S4mod zeta (mod) offcial thread.

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi s4- really excited to buy zeta - sent email from aol."

I have sent an email back with details.

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Got it-thanks!
not sure why the initial errors but hopeful it'll work, as I klnow it is working for others. After the error it finishes building and the water effect works fine- nice bubbles. Just hoping to reap benefit of lightmapping mem.
cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Got it-thanks!
not sure why the initial errors but hopeful it'll work, as I know it is working for others. After the error it finishes building and the water effect works fine- nice bubbles. Just hoping to reap benefit of lightmapping mem.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2014 02:12
Thanks for the tip to upgrade to 119 to get the folders and effects and then down grade back to 118. It works for me now. Now i can start messing with things.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi s4-
Got a new install working great!
Tried sending email but getting returned so will try sending from different email.
Wanted to ask- is there any chance of adding realistic player/camera walking/running movement? An earlier build had a little up/down motion linked to pace of walk and run. Current version steady floating movement. It would be nice to have some realistic up/down and a little side to side camera movement- not plrwobble which feels random and better for extreme motion sickness. Perhaps there is a command that is new that I do not know about, or it could be implemented based on improved setting from earlier build without introducing new issues?
The new exe otherwise is fantastic and loads quickly!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@cds1234 :- This was removed as it caused too many bugs in the offcial, thats why its not in later versions.

best s4real

cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a bummer, but I'd rather have a better working build than a flaky one with better motion!
Same subject- still having crash issues on our Win8 64 bit test computer. It has integrated Intel 2500 that can run my original test but not other levels. Your current build works on XP 32 and 64 with good vid cards and terrible integrated cards, but not Win8 64 intel integrated. The question- what makes some levels crash and others load on the same machine when there is nothing specific about number of layers in a map, textures, entities, or simple ai scripts for drawing hud to screen?
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I have no idea why its crashing on your windows 8 machine as im using windows 8 and not had any issues with fpsc so far.

If you send me a link to the built level and I can test it for you and see whats going wrong with it.

best s4real

cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi s.4

I have sent you a download link for the first level test directly to your email.
I am also sending an email from my alternate email address to let you know it is from me.
Please keep confidential since it is pre-release.
This is using the latest build with the latest exe.
It does not have the two mscv files that are sometimes needed but we have tested it with them included.
It is not working on Win7 or Win8 64 bit wsith good intel intgegrated video. These are decent integrated video, but they did work with earlier build of FPSC and do not work with current. But, this new level does not work regardless of the FPSC exe used.
That is to say, I have made games in the past that worked with an earlier FPSC on the Win7 integrated video machine that do not work in current version.
Also added window dimensions 1280x1024 in case it helped. These dimensions tend to be universal even on laptops that do not have 1024x768.
Please email anything you may learn or need info on.
cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
deleting imageblock is resolving many issues- thank you s4!
cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi s4-
Testing still going well.
I noticed that lift speed is much slower than earlier versions.
Not a problem as long as it is consistent on all machines.
Just wanted to mention to make sure it is intentional.
I don't have any issues changing speed.
cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2014 04:53 Edited at: 28th Sep 2014 05:10
rendering on x64 winxp with msvc files present causing blue screen crash igxpdx64.dll
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@cds1234 :- Thanks for all your feedback, Dbp had been changed for windows 7 and above and may cause problems with xp.

There not much we can do about it as this is a dbp issues and not the mod.

best s4real

cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2014 17:57 Edited at: 29th Sep 2014 08:01
UPDATE:
In case it happens to help anyone else with the most obscure of issues:
A video codec was causing a conflict somehow.
Opening any video format- such as in media player resolves issue.
There is something in the build game routine at the very end that conflicts with some codecs if they are not loaded after startup at some point.-
So, once again- perfect performance from s4Real Lightmapping on 32 bit AND 64 bit!
It is so strange.
I have tried to replicate where the issue is coming from.
It does it no matter the quality setting.
x64 was working before.
It is now happening with regular vanilla and even a new install of 1.18.
I have the3 mscv files in place.
It was able to render before, so in general dbpro is not the issue-= but something somewhere it is reading has to be off.
It makes it through the entire process, and just at the end when it is outputting files it starts to generate files folder and then blue screen of death.
Any thoughts truly appreciated. But still, main xp 32 bit making great levels!
DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 08:42
Hi s4real! Good to know you're already on it
How could I buy your wonderful mod ?

Riccardo.

Riccardo
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 17:31
s4real, I sent you an email about a week ago. I was interested in purchasing this mod but I had some questions about it before I can make a decision. Did you ever get it?

I never got a response

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "s4real, I sent you an email about a week ago. I was interested in purchasing this mod but I had some questions about it before I can make a decision. Did you ever get it?

I never got a response"

I think he is MIA. I haven't been able to get a hold of him for a while either.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2014 00:17
S4real is very busy at the moment. I've been in regular contact with him but he's dropped off the grid recently.

Don't worry I'm sure he will be back online again soon.

DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2015 15:51
Ok two months now since I asked .... it seems to me pretty useless keep on checking

Riccardo
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 19:04
S4real moved over to reloaded! He probably should have also left a post in this thread.

Here is a link to his goodbye to classic post.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213232&b=21
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
My question is...if you end up losing the files... you won't be getting them back. Surely someone has gotten in contact with S4real...

Diablo Chateau
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My question is...if you end up losing the files... you won't be getting them back. Surely someone has gotten in contact with S4real..."

If you need a backup just email me.

If you are in need of this mod very bad send me an email and I see what I can do, some people have emailed me with this in mind.

Please note I do not support this product anymore and sorry to the people on this forum who still use fpsc classic.

I do pop and have a look still .

best s4real

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you are in need of this mod very bad send me an email and I see what I can do, some people have emailed me with this in mind."

I only beta tested and I never got the final product. I would gladly compensate you for the mod files. I'm needing the memory boost very badly. Email sent.

Diablo Chateau
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 19:44
If you don't support this product then you can release it for free. Can't you?

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 20:47 Edited at: 21st Feb 2015 20:49
Quote: "If you don't support this product then you can release it for free. Can't you?"

This is akin to saying to TGC... "you don't support Classic, so you can release the model packs and app for free". Oh wait, they do have FPSC Free already (but you can't build and release with it)... you get what I mean.

Seriously, if you are going to use something that has "no support", that means you use it with "no support". It does not mean the author should "release it for free", unless they choose to do so. Personally, I think s4real has done a great job, put a lot of work in this mod, and should get something for his time and efforts. As he stated...

Quote: "If you are in need of this mod very bad send me an email and I see what I can do, some people have emailed me with this in mind."

...pretty straight forward to me. Email him directly may yield a better result than engaging a debate of whether he should release it for free. Next people will be asking for him to release Project Blue, another good mod that was paid but has no support...

Sorry s4real if I ruffled feathers.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 02:37
Thanks for clarifying that up. And I am really sorry for the post above.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@DarthBasicVader :- Just read your post sorry that you didn't get a reply but I seem to not have got an email from yourself.

Quote: "Thanks for clarifying that up. And I am really sorry for the post above."

Thats more than fine just email me.

best s4real

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2015 21:50
@s4real

From reading thru the threads, you appear to be a very talented developer. I am presently trying Vishnu Packer 9.3 and it pretty cool.

My question is why do you shut down all of your products and do not keep them available? I would like to get more of them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:28:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:28:54