Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / FPSC V1.19: Shotgun bullets are not dispersed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello to everybody! I'm having a problem with the shotgun weapons. When I shoot with one of them in any surface the bulletholes are all together. It looks like if I had shooted with a pistol but too much times in the same place. To be more specific I leave you an image in where you can look what is my problem. And to clarify, I have checked the "gunspec.txt" of the shotguns and the following commands are good written (for me) to be the shotgun weapon type:

damagetype= 2
weapontype= 2
shotgun= 1
iterate= 8

Then if all of this are good, why the bullets of the shotguns doesn't spread. I have this problem with all shotguns, I hope that anyone can help me. Thanks for read!

Nothing interesting...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2014 16:57
There is also a command called 'accuracy' in the weapon's gunspec. Set it to something like 5 for iterates to appear dispersed. Also the accuracy can be adjusted for when the weapon is zoomed or aimed down the sight.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2014 18:54
Mauro5002
From the pic you posted it looks like your using "scorchtype=2"
Try "scorchtype=3" in your "gunspec" file. Also open the bulletholes decal in your gamecore folder and take a look at the
scorch type one can use (0-15 on the decal).
For a better understanding on weapon specs take a look at the weapon syntax list here from ched80...http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforumfiles.thegamecreators.com%2Fdownload%2F2310319&ei=2U8cVLCWFcrlsATS4YHoDw&usg=AFQjCNE8s86WtQEA9-13V65evEPft2rZ6Q
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Mauro5002
Years of Service
User Offline
Thaks for your answers Mriganka and ncmako! . But unfortunately no one method works, it still appear all the bulletholes together . I don't know what is wrong with the shotguns. I tried all I think can works and what you told me but nothing works. Ah... Thanks ncmako for post the Weapon Syntac List, It wasn't necesary beacuse I have it, but anyway thank you very much! . Ok, if anyone have another "solution", please post here

PD to ncmako: I was using the scorchtype= 2, I changed it to 3, but nothing happened. To clarify any doubts, I use the ErrantAI Bulletholes.

Nothing interesting...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2014 20:22
Mauro5002
Quote: "I changed it to 3, but nothing happened"

The culprit here is not running your "cleaner" between testing.
When ever making a change run your bin/dbo cleaner, or start
with a fresh map.
best

Mauro5002
Years of Service
User Offline
After to read your reply ncmako, I do that, first I change the scorchtype to 3 and then I run the "FPSC-Cleaner" and start with a new map in where I tested the shotgun, but I still having the same problem, all the bulletholes were togheter. But, while I was testing the shotgun I noticed something "strange", as I said that when I shot to any surface, all the bulletholes are together... But when I crouch, then I aim using the ironsight to the floor and when I shoot the bullets are dispersed, but after that when I use the ironsight and I make a shot, the bulletholes return to be all together! . To be more specific I leave a video in where I show what I mean.

Nothing interesting...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2014 03:17
Mauro5002
Take a look at the "gunspec.txt" file again. See if there is
a "altscorchtype" listed? If so, change that one also. Run cleaner again.
best

Mauro5002
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok ncmako, I see in the "gunspec.txt" file ans there isn't the "altscorchtype" commmand. So... what I have to do now? I think that I must have don't include shotguns in my game . But, I don't want to do that. I hope that there is a solution for this problem... Well, if you (ncmako) or any other person have another suggestion, please post it! .

PD: Did you see the video ncmako?

Nothing interesting...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2014 19:10
Mauro5002
Quote: "Did you see the video ncmako?"

Yes I did, and I see the problem your having. You say your
gunspec's are..
damagetype = 2
scorchtype = 3
weapontype = 2
shotgun = 1
iterate = 8
then it should work right. I tested a couple of shotguns and
they work as intended. The shot spreads with distance from
object. It has to be something simple your missing or your
version? I'm using V1.20-1.14.
best luck

Mauro5002
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes the commands are right. Hmmm... I think that the problem is with my version, I have the v1.19 (BETA 9). I will upgrade to the v1.20 and I will test if it works . Thanks for your time and help!

Nothing interesting...
Mauro5002
Years of Service
User Offline
I upgrade my FPSC to the v1.20, but unfortunately... Nothing changed, I tested all the shotguns and the problem persists. I think that the last "solution" is to reinstall everything . Do you have another suggestion ncmako? Or any other user?

Nothing interesting...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2014 07:32
Mauro5002
Quote: "Do you have another suggestion"

Sorry, but no I do not. Before reinstalling everything just
look through your scripts and gunspec's again to make sure
you didn't miss something obvious.
best luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:29:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:29:58