Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / ็Make actors shooting at the target board?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 08:48
How does this possible? I've done some script but they are shooting left side not where theyare facing.

Here is the script:

I love to make games

http://www.youtube.com/user/thespicy847
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 17:40
Hi TodeGamer
Quote: "they are shooting left side"

Is this a stock character using the standard animation?
Also this caught my eye. "rotatey=-30". Just wondering if
this might be the cause?

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
TodeGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 07:43
Still doesn't work!

I love to make games

Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok here's what ya do.

there are some commands that can help you, have the community guide pdf handy as im not sure of the syntax exactly but im going to point you in the right direction!

I believe the first command you need is something like 'settarget=x' where x is the name of the target eg settarget=target, then you rename the target entity to 'target', so say if your target is a hay stack, rename the haystack to 'target'.

Then command the entity to face the target (rotatetotarget) i THINK is the command there, then just have it fire and reload, fire and reload, for the impression that its firing at the target

some weapon types can actually destroy other entities, i used this method to amuse myself when i was bored pitting various enemy ai types against each other in prefabs to see what happened

hope it helped anyway

sorry i dont recall the exact commands

smoke em if you got em
TodeGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2014 23:53
@Sinister Spoon
Still doesn't work. I've tried.

I love to make games

Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
try this i tested it and it works, i used an ss sniper from default ww2 pack, a default unarmed wehrmacht officer from same pack, the sniper did the shooting and the wehrmacht unarmed was the target so you can test with stock media, simply place the two entities in the level and press the 'í' key, you can change the trigger to whatever you want.

but whatevers breaking your script ISNT the settarget, rotatetotarget, they work just fine.

Hope it helps, just add whatever other code you need to it, instead of monitoring frameatend and random variables i just put one second delays between the actions to give the animation time to play out naturally.

Have fun

smoke em if you got em

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:01:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:01:33