Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] bed design concept

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 18:41 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2014 18:43
I've been doing more building than programming this past year, and thought I'd replace my futon with a new bed frame (queen size). What you guys think?

[href=http://imgur.com/a/SocjM]More pics[/href]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 23:52
looks pretty nice.

--------
DBP Archive
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 02:50
Looks pretty difficult to move, I like things to be moveable in order to do a whole room clean once in a while...

But good design! reminds me of my XMAS Installation build last year

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 03:48
I like it. Good work.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 15:54
Quote: "Looks pretty difficult to move"

Oddly this is something also noticed

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 16:59
I think you should consider having posts - to me the bed doesn't look sturdy enough. Having thick posts at the base at least would stop that foot board looking like a hazard. If I slept in that bed, I'd gouge my legs on the corners, I'd trip over the drawer, and I'd break at least 1 bone, or chip a tooth, or something like that. I think posts are vital for rigidity and they would look good as well.

I'd reconsider those drawers as well. Like, do they need to be an elaborate set of 3 separate drawers? - also known as toe-stubbers, shin-rippers or death traps
If you want the storage, then why not have a lid that lifts up with the mattress to access it? - does anyone really use drawers under their bed for anything except hiding stuff they won't use? - nobody likes to try and get a winter duvet in there. Personally I think it would be better to just have a lid and maximize the storage you have.

I am the one who knocks...
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 20:52
Quote: "Looks pretty difficult to move"

I've been considering how I could build it so it would easily come apart. If not piece by piece then at least into two sections (aside from the foot/headboards).

Quote: "I'd reconsider those drawers as well."

That was the primary reason for the design!

Quote: "then why not have a lid that lifts up with the mattress to access it?"

I've seen that design before, and think its absolutely terrible. I don't want to have to pick up my mattress (which is quite heavy) or fix the sheets after lifting every time I want something.

I have a tiny bedroom (about 9'x11') and can barely fit the small dresser I have now. Half my clothes go into a larger dresser in another bedroom, so yea I would use the drawers.

Quote: "I think you should consider having posts - to me the bed doesn't look sturdy enough"

I'll take that into consideration. The bed does have more support that what I typically saw from the average wooden bed frame online. And with the dovetail and dado joints (can't see them in my rendering), I planned on not using any screws just good old fashion craftsmanship.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 22:49
Quote: "If not piece by piece then at least into two sections (aside from the foot/headboards)."

While piece by piece is a great option, it's hardly practical if you just want to move it from point a to point B, it'd only be practical for if you were to move to a new place for example.

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 01:27
http://imgur.com/a/wFCKu

Here's another concept to fix the possible "stubbed toe" issue. The lower 2/3's of the footboard would have 8 bolts holding it to the two 4x4 post legs. That should be plenty sturdy enough. The legs give 8" of clearance.

In the first version, the bottom of the mattress would set at 13" off the ground, about 2" higher than my current frame. This newer one starts at 19". The drawers are slightly smaller because I didn't want the bed to sit up any higher.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 03:15
Quote: "Here's another concept to fix the possible "stubbed toe" issue."

There, now that looks heaps better to my eyes. Far less monolithic, easier to move, and less smash-your-foot-by-walking-too-close

I'd still be wary of those sharp corners on the vertical panel at the foot of the bed. Turn the corner slightly too sharply and you've taken out a chunk of your hip. Not sure if it would ruin the looks, but you could try adding curved corners.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 07:24
I agree, treasure box style sucks BIG TIME unless single bed then that is fine but anything other than a single bed it just gets awkward

Hmm why not get trays on rollers instead of drawers? is your room carpeted? low or high pile?

Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 01:31
Phaelax

I believe your banner is in violation of the AUP.
It is very offensive. I can not understand how the mods let you get away with it.

WindowsXP SP3,Vista,Windows 7 SP1, DBpro v7.7RC7
Stab In The Dark Editor
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 01:52
Quote: "I believe your banner is in violation of the AUP.
It is very offensive. I can not understand how the mods let you get away with it."
He's had it for many many months now.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 02:11 Edited at: 29th Oct 2014 02:21
It is very offensive. I can not understand how the mods let you get away with it."

Quote: "He's had it for many many months now."

Though he did say if anybody finds it offensive he would remove it... I'll see if I can find the thread

EDIT: Found it! Thankyou Google

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 05:39

Is it?? Why do you find it offensive? PM me if you don't want to discuss in public. Also, while I personally see no reason it should be removed, Phaelax did say he'd do that if someone found it offensive, so you could always PM him.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 06:17 Edited at: 29th Oct 2014 06:20
Looks pretty good to me. What kind of wood are you thinking of using?

I don't find it particularly offensive but I could understand why some others might. I guess we'll have to do something about it since everyone has the right to not be offended, right? While we're at it I'm offended by ads, can we sort those out too?
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 13:45 Edited at: 29th Oct 2014 14:17
Quote: "While we're at it I'm offended by ads, can we sort those out too?"

Advertising for a Gun Manufacturer is not appropriate and is definitely against the AUP.
Advertising for software related to DBPro is appropriate.
Children frequent these forums and suggesting that using a gun to kill your self or others is not
appropriate and definitely offensive and in violation of the AUP.

Edit: He is using a registered trademarked name and logo illegally in violation of the AUP. Where are the moderators?
He has been on these forums a long time and should know better.

Clonex

Quote: "Is it?? Why do you find it offensive? PM me if you don't want to discuss in public. Also, while I personally see no reason it should be removed"

If I told you that God did not create Australia you would be offended.
Wait a minute you are a moderator?
I think you need to reread the AUP now!

Dark Java Dude 64
Stating that he has had it for months now is a poor excuse.
You are the forum vice president reread the AUP now!
I have reported his banner more than a dozen times with no action taken.

[img][/img]

Stab In The Dark Editor
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 14:24
The AUP is open to interpretation by moderators and acted on by moderators. We do not need mini-moderators telling us when and why to act - if you have an issue, report it and then stop mangling on about it. Decisions are made based on users track record and the AUP is a guideline for users, how it is enforced is up to the moderators - and yes when a user has spent more than 10 years contributing to the forum we don't just insta-ban them over a questionable signature image.

I have contacted Phaelax specifically about this and we will deal with it however the moderators see fit.

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 14:46 Edited at: 29th Oct 2014 14:47
Van B
So now we have 2 moderators and the forum vice president not doing there job!
If you can not interpret the AUP then it is time you are removed as a MOD.
It has been reported more than a dozen times over the last few months with no action taken.
As a senior member of these forums I am am very disappointed with these responses.
I will be emailing the TGC about this issue.

Stab In The Dark Editor
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 15:52
It may well have been reported, but moderators don't see those reports unless they are part of TGC support, moderators are not customer service or a complaints department for TGC, we are here to moderate the forum the best way we see fit. Most moderators have publicly shown email addresses and there is always the PM system to report an issue directly with a mod.

I noticed people complaining about the sig today and sent a message today. If you think I should be removed as a mod over this then go right ahead and suggest that to TGC.

I say again, the AUP is the acceptable usage policy - this means that it's a policy that users should follow if they want to avoid moderator action. If we can warn a user first, then we will always try to do that, especially with established and respected users. We do not blindly adhere to the AUP because if we did, a helluva lot more actions would be taken. We act on violations of the AUP when needed, we try to be fair and allow the user time to address the issue themselves when it's a matter of interpretation... which this clearly is. I'm not saying that the signature doesn't have to change, I'm saying we will deal with it our own way regardless of the AUP.

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 17:18 Edited at: 29th Oct 2014 17:21
Quote: " We act on violations of the AUP when needed, we try to be fair and allow the user time to address the issue themselves when it's a matter of interpretation... which this clearly is"

It is not a matter of interpretation. It is clearly in violation.
He does not have the legal rite to use the web address, name and logo in his banner.
You could easily remove his banner from the entire forum. The TGC do not want legal trouble because of this.

Stab In The Dark Editor
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah ... There's no legal issue here.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 20:54
I'd say take your own advice and take it up with the TGC team then and stop going on and on about it. If you do think that TGC does not want legal trouble because of it take it up with them simply put.

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 21:27 Edited at: 29th Oct 2014 21:28
Quik
This does not require you to get involved!
I am not interested in your opinion.

Stab In The Dark Editor
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 21:35
Well if you don't want my opinion don't post this in a public forum; Go with the PM option - It's there for a reason

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 23:02 Edited at: 29th Oct 2014 23:10
Quote: "Stating that he has had it for months now is a poor excuse."
The excuse has validity, because the banner has had several months worth of chance to be reported as offensive, and it hasn't been until now.

Quote: "You are the forum vice president reread the AUP now!"
Quote: "and the forum vice president not doing their job!"
Why, thank you for recognizing me as Forum Vice President! Sadly, even with such a lofty position, I do not have any more power than you do. I just have a name and a badge.

Quote: "If you can not interpret the AUP then it is time you are removed as a MOD. "
That is not valid reason to remove a mod. The case in hand is largely a matter of personal opinion, and it doesn't make much sense to hold a moderator to the standard of a moral dictionary.

In my personal opinion, I do not find the banner offensive. However, I absolutely see how it may be offensive to another person who has had experiences with sensitive topics as such. If it were up to me, even though it doesn't offend me personally, I would probably remove that banner. I do not have the power to do that.

Also, may I ask why you reported the banner so many times before you finally rose the issue to Phaelax himself?

Phaelax can have his thread back now. If this discussion is to continue further, it needs to be in the Posting Competition.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 00:01 Edited at: 30th Oct 2014 00:02
The office of the presidency and vice presidency is akin to the prom king and queen. In fact, we are just the winners of a popularity contest I received my badge as community leader for having won the office of the presidency previously, though I try to be respectful knowing I have this badge.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 01:13 Edited at: 30th Oct 2014 01:18
Quote: "Advertising for a Gun Manufacturer is not appropriate"

Why not? Guns aren't illegal.
Quote: "If I told you that God did not create Australia you would be offended. "

God doesn't exist, so your point is meaningless.

The signature has been up for quite awhile, and I've used it in the past as well. The banner is intended as a joke, so kindly remove the stick from your behind and stop carrying on and on about my legal "right". You could have simply sent me a pm quietly instead of trying to hijack my thread. And your name offends me, stabbing someone in the dark is nothing to joke about, it's a very real possibility in my neighborhood.

Quote: "What kind of wood are you thinking of using?
"

Well if money wasn't an issue, I'd go solid mahogany all the way. But I'll most likely use pine or something.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 06:33 Edited at: 30th Oct 2014 06:34
Quote: "Advertising for a Gun Manufacturer is not appropriate and is definitely against the AUP.
Advertising for software related to DBPro is appropriate. "

Cool, I didn't realise TGC had entered the firearms business. In any case it's fine to report that you are offended by the message (ie. kill yourself) but it's none of your business when it comes to other points such as advertising, unless of course it is a competing product and you have shares in the company (in which case contact them directly).

Quote: "And your name offends me, stabbing someone in the dark is nothing to joke about, it's a very real possibility in my neighborhood."

That's a good point. I request that a mod changes his name to something less offensive. I know people that have been stabbed in the dark.

Quote: "Well if money wasn't an issue, I'd go solid mahogany all the way. But I'll most likely use pine or something."

Mahogany is nice but it's very heavy. Pine would look pretty good still and wouldn't weigh 9000+ metric tons.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 17:04
Quote: "Pine would look pretty good still and wouldn't weigh 9000+ metric tons."

My dresser is solid mahogany, best $20 I ever spent at a thrift store.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 00:54 Edited at: 31st Oct 2014 01:50
Ok, since you (SitDS) started this (even though I can see the matter has been resolved), he is my spiel:

Quote: "Advertising for a Gun Manufacturer is not appropriate and is definitely against the AUP."

Quote: "Advertising for software related to DBPro is appropriate."

It's not advertising. It's a joke. And do you mean unrelated?

Quote: "Children frequent these forums and suggesting that using a gun to kill your self or others is not
appropriate and definitely offensive and in violation of the AUP."

Of course, but if children can understand that banner than they know too much already (heck, it took me a while to work out what the implication was).

Quote: "He is using a registered trademarked name and logo illegally in violation of the AUP. Where are the moderators?"

Again, it was a joke. People that respond the way you do are the reason America has a culture of suing.

Quote: "If I told you that God did not create Australia you would be offended."

lol no I wouldn't. I would say, "Sure, if you say so."

Quote: "Wait a minute you are a moderator?
I think you need to reread the AUP now!"

Yup, a fairly new mod

Quote: "I have reported his banner more than a dozen times with no action taken."

Well perhaps, just maybe, it means you're wrong

Quote: "If you can not interpret the AUP then it is time you are removed as a MOD."

Quote: "It is not a matter of interpretation."

Quote: "It is clearly in violation."

Maybe to you...

Quote: "He does not have the legal rite to use the web address, name and logo in his banner."

Why do you care?

Quote: "Quik
This does not require you to get involved!
I am not interested in your opinion."

WOW. Stab in the Dark, that is totally unacceptable.

Quote: "God doesn't exist, so your point is meaningless."

A) That's your opinion and cannot be stated as fact, and B) the point is not meaningless because I believe God does exist and therefore there's a chance I could be offended by someone saying God doesn't exist.

There. That's all I have to say on the matter since Phaelax has kindly changed his banner (good on you, mate ).

/RANT

SO. Mahogany, eh? Well, it'll look great but as Seditious said it'll weigh a metric crap-tonne.

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 00:55 Edited at: 31st Oct 2014 01:20
Phaelax
Your childish banter does not change the fact that your banner is in violation of the AUP.
In this thread you were quick to assume the role of a mod and criticize the discussion and state it was in violation of the AUP.
You could have PM them and not posted in the thread but you did not.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=212373&b=3&p=0#m2538558

So you can tell others they are in violation of the AUP and you want them to comply with it, but you can violate it all you want?

Your banner is in violation of these points of the AUP.

•3.1 Do not upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable

•3.2 Advertising websites that are not on-topic

•3.6 Anything considered "adult" material (be it pornographic or horrific)

These forums are frequented by students and teachers and would find your banner unacceptable in a school environment.
I see you are no longer using the banner, but you still need to remove it from all your old posts everywhere in these forums.

Edit:
It seems that Photobucket where you host that banner has an AUP as well. You are in violation there as well and have been reported.

Stab In The Dark Editor
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 01:03 Edited at: 31st Oct 2014 01:49

Stop telling us how to moderate the forums, Stab in the Dark, or you'll end up back on post-mod.

EDIT: I responded a bit too angrily here. I apologise for this. Moved to code box.

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 01:18 Edited at: 31st Oct 2014 01:23
Clonkex
I have been on these forums a lot longer than you and I will tell
you how to moderate when I see you do not know how!
Your banter above demonstrates your inability to be a mod which may lead to you losing that status.
It is better to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt, which you have now done.

Note: He has not changed his banner everywhere in the forums.

Stab In The Dark Editor
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 01:21 Edited at: 31st Oct 2014 01:26
Quote: "You are in violation there as well and have been reported."
Are you on some sort of agenda? Have you heard of forgiveness? Please face the fact that no one else is complaining about this issue. The guy removed the banner, just let it go.

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 01:25
Quote: "And no, he can't remove it from all of his old posts."

Yes he can, delete the image where it is hosted on Photobucket.

Stab In The Dark Editor
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 01:26
I shall post on this thread no longer.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 01:38
Quote: "I have been on these forums a lot longer than you and I will tell
you how to moderate when I see you do not know how!"

Interesting...

Look, Stab in the Dark. I don't want to sound like I'm "better than you" or like I have an inherently better idea of how to run these forums, and I realise that you've been on here a lot longer than I have, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't get to tell the mods how to do their moderating. You can suggest stuff, by all means, and you can complain, but you can't tell us how to do our job.

Now, if you wish to continue this discussion, please PM or email me or another mod. If you post again in this thread about the issue, you will be placed on post moderation for hijacking a thread.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 12:02 Edited at: 31st Oct 2014 12:40
Quote: "My dresser is solid mahogany, best $20 I ever spent at a thrift store."

Nice, that's much less than the material alone would be worth!

[Mod Edit] Removed. Sorry, Seditious, we're not allowed to discuss that here. If you feel like this was simply prejudice on my part, PM me. Honestly, though, it's just because this thread has been derailed so severely thus far and this doesn't help. If you want the text back that you probably spent a while typing up, PM me - I save originals of all mod-edited posts. [b][/Mod Edit][b]
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 12:10
Let's see,

Bed
Ban
God
Big bang theory should be up next...

Coffee 🍵 time all...

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 12:42
Quote: "Bed
Ban
God
Big bang theory should be up next..."

Haha, it had better not be!

So, Phaelax. After this rather... tangential event... how's your bed design coming along? Got any news on this front?

Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 13:51
I am all into fancy bed designs, I once designed a queen sized bunk bed/lower desk design. It worked well for a long time and served it's purpose well... even If I had to very cautiously crawl in and out of bed(mind you, hanging one foot over my bed precariously to find the ladder on each down flight was a small price to pay for the dual level convenience...)

I say Just do it Phalax and see how it goes, you will never see all of the pros and cons of an avant-guard bed from the outset... just roll with it and live the dream. If it takes more than one draft then so be it. let the details define themselves bro. Just do it.

To Err is Human...
To Arr is Pirate!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 21:43 Edited at: 1st Nov 2014 20:22
Quote: "Yes he can, delete the image where it is hosted on Photobucket."

Not going to happen, you do not rule the internet. I changed the banner so you'd stop crying on this forum, now you want to attack me on other websites? Btw, I'm sending you a S&W coupon in the mail, you sound stressed.

Quote: "I have been on these forums a lot longer than you and I will tell you how to moderate"

You're really going to try and argue your authority based on how long you been here? I been here over 10 years as well buddy.

I've removed the S&W logo and name from the animated gif, so no more registered trademark.

If I do decide to go ahead with the bed, I'll post a new a thread once I've started construction. I've just finished remodeling my bathroom and may have a few homes to do soon, so we'll see what my free time looks like. Until then, a mod can lock this thread to prevent further whining.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 22:19
Quote: "a mod can lock this thread to prevent further whining."

Noooooooooooooo! we have not reached the discussion of the Big Bang Theory yet #Depressed...

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 23:25
IANAL, but I play one on TV. The use of smith and wesson name and logo may fall fair use/parody law, so might not be infringing, in the USA.

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 23:57 Edited at: 31st Oct 2014 23:58
Quote: "
I've removed the S&W logo and name from the animated gif, so no more registered trademark."

You can not use my logo or name they are registered and copy writed trademarks.
Again you are in violation of the AUP. Any mods reading this forum post needs to take action.

[img][/img]

Stab In The Dark Editor
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 23:59
Quote: "If you post again in this thread about the issue, you will be placed on post moderation for hijacking a thread."
Oops.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 03:32

Roftlmao that was probably the best response you could have had, Phaelax.

Meh game development blaugh!
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 03:40
It's certanly starting to feel like he's not even reading the responses...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 09:37 Edited at: 1st Nov 2014 10:11
If I recall there is a rule in the AUP that pretty much says the rules are enforced based on moderator discretion and not member interpretation.

I do feel phaelax has hit on a fair point, your username is no less offensive, nor is mine (mine refers to a form of ritual suicide traditional in feudal Japan). Anybody who has been stabbed could potentially take the issue, because it can mess people up mentally as well as physically.

Also, as somebody who scores pretty high on the phq-9 scale (for depression) and somebody who has known folks who have been suicidal, heck my friend's dad commited suicide, i am on the side of the argument where guns aren't in every household, I am not offended by his signature, actually I found it funny. Granted I get there's things people are offended by and people have the right to be offended, but doesn't necessarily means just because they're offended that the world should adjust itself accordingly. There's is much I am offended by that I can do bugger all about because of the society we live in. For instance as somebody who makes satire a big part of their lives and somebody who strongly believes any form of parody should be permitted and somebody who uses humour as coping mechanism, even offensive humour (which is very cathartic) I consider it offensive when humour is attacked like this. As a result I just deal with it and voice my opinion and do what I can to be constructive about it - note that I am not irate. Plus I accept people have their own rights too.

However, he removed his signature as asked, I think it's unreasonable for him to hunt every single post on the forum with it in to remove it. It would potentially take hours.

With regards to law, you remind me of a lot of what disgruntled customers do, have a very loose understanding of the law and bend it based on what suits them and their opinion to find when they contact an authority like trading standards that they turn around and say "so...what do you expect us to do?" I've had customers really adept at playing the law card, even somebody recently who works in law, but not consumer law and they found themselves having to give in. People seem to find "law" synonymous with "my own moral expectations" though it is rarely the case.

As for the childishness, I am sure you will have gotten a much better response if you yourself handled the situation more maturely and more appropriately, folks are less inclined to oblige if you're jumping down their throats and demonizing them, when you do that you've got to expect some fall back because people don't have to put up with that nonsense. Also as a word of advice from somebody who works in customer service, your approach and attitude is likely to delay any resolution to any problems and would make me feel no motivation to do my best to get the resolution you want, instead what most people do is the absolute minimum their job requires them to do. Not what they should be doing, but I see it across a lot of different customer services, because as long as they are still doing what their job requires them, then there's nothing they can get into trouble for.

Also bear in mind also, mods here are volunteers, not paid members so not as if they have a contract to fill anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:20:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:20:14