Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Zombie crawler not working in scifi ventilation ducts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 02:01
So a big part of one of my levels is a small maze of ventilation ducts the player climbs through. I had planned on having Zombie Crawlers in the ducts as enemies. But last night when I went to try the first one it just sits there crawling in one spot, never advancing towards the player. No matter how I position it (higher, lower, floating, sitting on the floor, etc) the same thing happens. Is it just not compatible with the ducts? Is there something that needs to be changed in the duct or zombie script? Or maybe the textures need something done (shot in the dark, I know nothing about textures)? Please help, I don't want to completely redesign my level....
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 13:14
Try this. I think the little guy needs a standard segment below him to work properly. It's actually possible to place a standard segment(like "ground") in the same space as the duct. If it works that way, you'll just need to tweak the heights to hide the floor in the duct.

Then again, someone else may know better.

Brian.

The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 15:57
Thanks! I'll play around with it later and see what happens. I'm guessing I'm going to have to play with positioning so the two pieces don't clash and cause that flickering (I forget what it's called). On a separate note, what are the downloads in your signature?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 16:07
Quote: "On a separate note, what are the downloads in your signature?"

Mostly applications/programs for quickly creating things like billboards, punches, on-screen text, overlays, etc and some model packs.

While I'm thinking about it, it seems I've had some trouble before getting certain characters to move of follow waypoints on some segments. Sometimes changing the segment will work.

The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 05:01
Unfortunately that didn't work The segments are unable to be moved (unless I'm missing something) but even entities that can be moved up and down don't work. I've tried everything including the invisible floor from the link in the community manual, an invisible ramp that I'm using for a trap door, modifying the zombie script, modifying the duct script, re-scaling the zombie smaller.... nothing works. So much for that level, back to the drawing board I guess
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 17:49
If it helps any, I do remember a similar problem addressing
this in the "Official Comm. Guide" on page-246 I believe.
"player lags/hangs up in vent ducts". It suggests placing
"whole" room segments around the vents/ducts. It may help
with your zombie character getting stuck?
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 03:36
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I only placed a floor segment before. Maybe placing the entire room segment will make a difference, although isn't that going to eat up valuable memory space....
The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 20:37
That didn't work either. I give up, guess it will be a duct maze without zombies. How about bombs that go off if the player is within a certain distance? Anyone know if there's something like that in the store or a pack? (I'll make a separate post for this question too). Thanks!
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Did it work on segements without ducs? Which version do you use?
this problem sounds familiar to me

Games make the world better
The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 22:25
Yeah, in the previous level I used a crawler in a room using the Royal Hallway segment from Model Pack #54 and it worked fine. And if I place it on a regular segment in this level it crawls. I even tried a different duct from the store (from Icycold2367) and it just moonwalks in it too. I'm using the s4mod zeta v1.1 which is also what I used in the previous level.

Not sure if it's worth noting but in a t-junction the crawler will move until the t meets a straight segment then gets hung up moon walking. If placed in the middle of a straight or dead end duct segment it won't move though, just moonwalk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 13:43:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 13:43:15