Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Why is this happening? (video)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 20:39
Does anybody know why this is happening and how to fix it? These are the only two spots that do it in the level. I've tried reducing segments, shortening the tunnel, lowering the tracks but it still keeps happening at the same spots

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 22:25
The Big ZK
Just watched the video and I must say that is different
I have seen similar problems with segments bleeding the outside
wall texture toward the inside. But not disappearing as yours do.
Quote: " lowering the tracks "

Instead of lowering try raising slightly (for starters)
Are these segments/track custom or something stock?
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 22:51
I'm not sure it has to do with the tracks. I got them from the forum, they are from what was a Dark City pack before it was actually an official pack (I think), and the tunnel and building segments are from the London pack. The tracks were originally higher but I had to lower them because you couldn't walk over them, had to constantly jump. If you look at the end of the video the same thing happens under the building and there's no tracks there or even the same segments as in the tunnel. I think I'll try building the level as a standalone and see if it still happens
The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2014 01:21
Still does the same thing in a built game as in testing. If I can't fix it maybe I can just put a black skybox around so the disappearing won't be so noticeable. Any idea where to get one?
The Big ZK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 02:25
I wanted to post an update as to what I've found. Turns out it was the tunnel segment from the London pack that was causing it. Well, not necessarily the tunnel itself, but the fact that I added different tracks and ground to the tunnel. The segment was designed to have it's own tracks and ground added to it, but they are lower than the tunnel and subway segments. I wanted the tracks to be even with the subway segment so I added my own in. This must have been causing a clash of polygons of sorts which caused the disappearing. To fix it I removed the tunnel and just put two tunnel entrance sections back to back to make a mini tunnel. I still get to keep my tracks and ground and the disappearing has, well, disappeared, LOL! The tunnel is slightly shorter than I wanted but oh well, it saves a little more memory now.
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 23:42
Go to setup.ini and set hsrmode to 1 it's may help but can slowdown fps PS. sory for my English.

GS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:45:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:45:46