Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / 97% Off - TGC Bumper Winter Deal

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 23:00
Just thought I'd point this out to you users out there who don't read the news letter (shame on you)

97% Off - TGC Bumper Winter Deal

\r\nAudacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android\r\n"When you\'ve finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2014 23:25
Wow, that's a great deal. Both AppGameKit (not V2 though) and FPSC reloaded plus lots of other cool stuff for less than 25€. If I was still using windows I would probably go for it

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 00:59
Good deal. It's a shame I already own every single one of those items.

Also a shame that it doesn't include AppGameKit v2...

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 01:35
Quote: "If I was still using windows I would probably go for it"

Same. I don't even do game design anymore, but I miss it
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 02:41
Yeah a lot of the stuff I own already too but I bought it to get FPSC:R and FPSC Classic [I believe the FPSC Classic is also a DVD like DGDK which I already have a copy of but having two is always useful ]

I already have FPSC Classic but through the stupid channel and actually more expensive channel the TGC Store, which marred its usefulness for me...

I hardly own any of the FPSC packs so those are a neat little extra, provided I can use them in the manner I wish to...

If they included Tree Party, Dark Matter 3, and the useless 2D Plugin Kit, just so I can complete my collection I would happily have spent an extra £5 on top of the £25 [Inc. VAT] that it cost me to have those included...

Always like supporting TGC when it is convenient

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 03:21
Quote: "I believe the FPSC Classic is also a DVD"

Technically a CD, but yeah. Also if it's the same one I have it's got a surprisingly thick Getting Started manual in the case.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 17:28
I've yet to have a play with FPSC. I've only seen the 'escape' demo (which was dreadfully slow on my machine). At this price though, it'd be silly not to have a go! I don't mind owning a lot of the other stuff twice. TGC deserve it. Order placed

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 20:07
I haven't even used a TGC product in the past 3 years and even this kind of a deal makes my mouth water.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 16:45
I got my bumper deal disks in the post today and I only ordered like two days ago

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 10:54
Quote: "I got my bumper deal disks in the post today and I only ordered like two days ago"

You live in the UK. It takes ages to get disks from TGC when you live in Australia.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 11:17
Quote: "You live in the UK. It takes ages to get disks from TGC when you live in Australia."

I remember waiting for my copy of FPSC, because I was on dial up I couldn't download the digital version. It was about 2 weeks. Seemed like forever.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 11:30
Quote: "It was about 2 weeks. Seemed like forever."

That is forever. I would have forgotten why I'd ordered them after two weeks.

Powered by Free Banners
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 14:27
Quote: "Seemed like forever."
Still faster than dial up would have been?

Youngens like me never truly experienced the epic slowness of dial up. I do hear there was a time when you could watch the text load across a page.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 02:35
Quote: "I remember waiting for my copy of FPSC, because I was on dial up I couldn't download the digital version. It was about 2 weeks. Seemed like forever."

Lol when I first read that I though you meant the download took two weeks...

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2014 03:09
Quote: "Youngens like me never truly experienced the epic slowness of dial up. I do hear there was a time when you could watch the text load across a page."

OH, I remember it. Probably because I lived in the sticks in Australia where dial-up was the norm. When the anti-virus wanted to update, it was easier to order a CD containing the 40MB download because dial-up had to be redialed every hour and you simply couldn't download 40MB in an hour.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2014 14:31
Got all my goodies, plus an extra bonus 3d modelling package! It's like Christmas! Order arrived super fast. FPSC Reloaded is completely unusable on my machine though. Think I'll need to buy a graphics card if I want to play with that.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2014 18:28
I remember attempting to play RTCW on dial up; I could not wait for my broadband to get installed, so attempted to play it while I waited.

When ever you connected you had to wait about 30 seconds before you could actually use the internet, all the while listing to a fuzzy dialup 'melody'.

Ofcourse it did not work; the game ran like one of those music videos where the playback constantly rewinds back on the beat. It looked like my soldier was progressing towards the bunker, but in reality I was already dead.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2014 23:26
If I recall correctly, when I was young, there was a time when people could not talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time at my house. Oh, how technology has progressed.

I do live in a somewhat rural area however, so the progression of internet technology where I live is a little slow. 10mbps is just about the fastest one house can get here.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 00:43
Quote: "If I recall correctly, when I was young, there was a time when people could not talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time at my house."

Correct. With dial-up, you use the phone lines as the internet line, and can't do both (phone and internet) at once. IIRC people couldn't ring you either and just got the engaged signal.

Quote: "10mbps"

?! That's incredibly fast!

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 00:53
Quote: "?! That's incredibly fast!"
Oh, right, mbps means milibits per second.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 00:45
Quote: "Oh, right, mbps means milibits per second."

Oh, I thought you meant to type Mbps... that's not so fast, then.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 02:48 Edited at: 15th Nov 2014 03:23
heh, I remember the dark days of dial up and call waiting. I remembers upgrading from Prodigy to AOL. that\'s right, upgrade *to* AOL.

fast forward to modern times and my ISP just upgraded me from 20Mbps to 100Mbps for free back in June, and the top end package got pushed up to 300Mbps. This is still through cable, and we have Google Fiber coming

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 04:02 Edited at: 15th Nov 2014 04:04
I know a fair bit about computers and some general things about networking, but it still absolutely amazes me, no, baffles me, how it's possible to have thousands of users, connected to the same ISP, each with 100+Mbps connections. Of course, not every user is maxing out their speed at all times, but it's still incredible.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 05:09
Yeah, who knows how much of that actually gets throttled or watered down with traffic, but at any given time my home Wi-Fi which itself only supports up to 54Mbps is supporting 2 streaming media players, 2 smart phones, a gaming desktop, and my work laptop on VPN back to the office network. We often add in an additional tablet and occasionally a second laptop, and we rarely notice any delays or sluggishness despite constant streaming, browsing, gaming, and frequent remote VNC connections.

It's just incredible how far things have come in < 20 years. It's also easy to forget that more places lack these kinds of speeds than have them, and i have to catch myself when i hear people complaining about downloads. For those that don't have easy bandwidth, sorry guys

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 05:16
Kinda mind blowing to me too. I know we may rage and go "dumb stupid internet". But playing online games with people around the world with information being sent within mere milliseconds to provide a smooth gaming experience and a level of precision. For me to be able to download a huge amount of data from the otherside of the planet within minutes.

I think we underestimate how amazing our technology is and even take it for granted.

I go back to the days of 56k,it's mental, our village got broadband quite late, don't think it was that long before I joined these forums. For me to download a 50gb video game off of Steam would just completely ludicrous and playing an MMO or a online FPS, just unthinkable.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 05:16 Edited at: 15th Nov 2014 05:19
Yeah, as mentioned, 10Mbps is the limit here. Recently, my school got a 50Mbps installation, but the installation actually involved installing towers and hundreds of feet of cable and all sorts of stuff. Up where I live, hills are abundant, so the ISP, Skybeam, provides a connection by way of radio dishes on the sides of customers' houses, pointed at a tall tower on top of a tall hill central to the area.

I agree Sepp, the ability to send data around the world truly is unthinkable, and yet we have it. At our finger tips, literally.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2014 23:14
Mb=megabits, MB=megabytes

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2014 02:19
Quote: "Yeah, as mentioned, 10Mbps is the limit here."

Say what? Are you on 10mbps (which I'm not convinced is a thing) or 10Mbps? Obviously you're not on 10MBps or you wouldn't be saying "only"

We definitely take the internet for granted. And there's plenty of people (and especially big companies) that take 1MBps+ connections for granted and just assume everyone has that speed, when in fact most people don't.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2014 03:57
Haha, I am on 10Mbps. The capitalization of the 'm' got me there.

However, the majority of the time, we get 5 to 8 Mbps. Still not bad, but also not what we are paying for. Sometimes we get 11 or 12 for no random reason.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2014 20:49
Quote: "Mb=megabits, MB=megabytes
"

That's the way I have heard it aswell, Mbps/mbps is scientifically Mega "bps" or mili "bps"

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2014 23:31
1 bit every 1,000 seconds! Fast internet!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2014 02:42
I Mb an apple, I MB's pizza.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:15:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:15:55