Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 20:00 Edited at: 11th Nov 2014 22:58
I finally published my first app created with AppGameKit! Its called 4 Ladders, a one-click style game where you try to remain above ground for as long as possible. The game gets progressively harder as the score gets higher. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

It was created using AGKv1 (mainly because I was having issues exporting .apk files with v2) using tier 1.

Thanks!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ladders.four

Gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6lV1MkZMwU
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 09:44
Apparently it is not compatible with my device, I have a Samsung S4 running 4.4.2 (Kitkat)... Is this for tablets only or something?
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 13:29
A demo video will help to see the gameplay
rycamp
Years of Service
User Offline
@Funnell7 My two test devices were an old droid x and a Samsung GS3, im not sure why its not running on KitKat. Does it just go black and exit out?

@George++, is there a software you would recommend for capturing game play video? I will do a search and see if I can't get a demo up within a day or so.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 16:20
Quote: "@Funnell7 My two test devices were an old droid x and a Samsung GS3, im not sure why its not running on KitKat. Does it just go black and exit out?"

When I used the URL directly (I couldn't find it by manually searching on Google Play) I got a message saying the app was not compatible with my device. I just tried again, and now I'm getting a message saying 'This item is not available in your country' (I'm in the UK). You may want to check which countries you have selected for distribution... I normally select all...
rycamp
Years of Service
User Offline
@Funnell7

I just configured it to display for all countries. Thanks for the heads up. Google says it may take a couple of hours to complete throughout the web though.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 18:57
Quote: "is there a software you would recommend for capturing game play video? I will do a search and see if I can't get a demo up within a day or so."

I use FRAPS
http://www.fraps.com/

There is a free and a paid version
rycamp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 17:42 Edited at: 12th Nov 2014 14:30
@George++

Here is the video Demo, I will be working on getting it placed into a YouTube channel so I can have it on the listing with the app on Google Play.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j6lV1MkZMwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2014 19:42
rycamp, to add a video use ["youtube"]j6lV1MkZMwU["/youtube"] but without the quotes, like so...

george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2014 19:45
That looks a nice idea rycamp.
rycamp
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That looks a nice idea rycamp. "

Thanks! I need to redo/update most of the graphics but I hope users enjoy the gameplay as much as I do. It still feels like its missing something to me though, and once I find out what feature that is the game should come full circle.

Quote: "rycamp, to add a video use ["youtube"]j6lV1MkZMwU["/youtube"] but without the quotes, like so..."

Thank you Funnell7, I was trying to figure it out but clearly couldn't grasp it. I appreciate the assist!
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 06:15
Quote: " It still feels like its missing something to me though"

What do you think about some graphics effects?
rycamp
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What do you think about some graphics effects? "

Foreground or background? I considered adding actual climbing effects, and still might. I'm in the process of adding achievements and down the road might add power ups (ie. slow down time, color boost(for example, all ladders are the correct color meaning it wouldn't matter which you clicked on). I'm not sure how I would implement their use though..
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 12:39
I would add some foreground effects. Your suggestion about climbing sounds good.
Power ups belongs to another aspect of the game: gameplay
Quote: "I'm not sure how I would implement their use though.."

They can appear in random places on the screen. Then the user can grab them by tapping on them.
Another power up could be an indication of where is the correct ladder (by means of flash)
Think where the ups could be on the screen and how they will be activated by the player.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2014 01:30
I think this might do pretty well with some better graphics for the main character and ladders. The main character could have a simple animation that deforms the blob as he climbs the ladder.
Check out Fiverr you could get it all done pretty cheap.
Also, for a mobile game you might want to say "tap" vs "click"

rycamp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2014 22:56 Edited at: 19th Nov 2014 01:45
New Update available now!

I added some minor graphic animations, as well as an achievements menu. I am having the graphics re done but don't have an ETA for that.

Quote: " I think this might do pretty well with some better graphics for the main character and ladders."

Thanks Naphier! I was thinking about the deformations as well. It was a bit difficult to implement due to the speed the character moves around the screen. I actually slowed it down just a bit to allow a more visual animation. I plan to change the tap/click wording in my next update as well.

Here is a video that demonstrates the new animation and menu..

rycamp
Years of Service
User Offline
I have updated all the graphics in the game, as well as some minor gameplay tweaks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:49:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:49:49