Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / broadcast does not update when changes are made to APP (V2)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 09:52
I braodcasted to my tablet to verify operation. I found something not working, so I made some modifications. When I perform subsequent braodcastings, the app running via the AppGameKit player is not updated. In fact, it is in the state where I left it.

Why is the app not reloading when I broadcast??

I am using AppGameKit V2 alpha 8 and AppGameKit Player V2 build Oct 23, 2014

home.wavecable.com/~mindsclay
Native Tech
Years of Service
User Offline
I read in the alpha release that tis issue may occur if ur android device time is ahead of ur PC/Mac time , as it is using DeviceTime() to refresh and update , have a look at the time split between ur work device and ur android device and see if u cant see a difference

Native Technology
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2014 00:04
You can also manually stop the Player and clear its memory through the Application Manager in the Android Settings app. Find the Player in the list, click on it and then click on 'Force Stop' and 'Clear data' (in that order) and verify that you want to do the actions.

This will put the Player in a pure, clean state.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2014 02:36
Thanks Ancient Lady, I didn't know that functionality existed. I even tried asking the maker of my tablet, but got no response.

home.wavecable.com/~mindsclay
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 01:26
Always glad to help.

I generally poke around any device I have to see what I can do with it. There have been a couple of times that I 'did something' that truly breaks something and requires reinstallation. But, I do learn things.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:45:09