Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Having Trouble With FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I've very recently bought FPS creator in the latest Holiday deal, and everything has been running as expected. Untill, yesterday I downloaded and installed the v119 update and now it is telling me I have the free version of FPS and not allowing me to access the features that the full version has. Im not planning to build any full games anytime soon,am I allowed to update my FPSC? And if I am please help me solve this problem. Thank you.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st Nov 2014 16:29
Hi MillieMayz and welcome.

If you will look in your FPSCreator directory, you will see a file named "userdetails.ini"

Here is what the contents of that file will look like:

[PERSONAL DATA]
YourName=
YourSerialCode=
YourFullPath=C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator

[LOCALIZATION]
language=english

Your file is probably missing the Name and SerialCode as in the one above. Add that info to the file, save it and restart the program. All should be back to normal. It's unclear why this happens, but it does more for some than others. You can make a backup of the userdetails.ini file in case it happens again.

Brian.

MillieMayz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, much appreciated.
MillieMayz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, but where can I find the directory
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2014 06:05
Quote: "Thank you, but where can I find the directory"

You'll find the FPSC folder wherever you installed it to. Probably, it will be C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\.

Digital Universe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2014 06:58
@MilliMayz and everyone else:

As a permanent fix, you might want to right-click on the "userdetails.ini" file and click the check-box called "Read-only".

This will prevent the serial from being removed from the file by you or anyone / anything else.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 12:46:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 12:46:49