Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / SketchUp And Scale For FPSC Classic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 09:19
Have been looking at SketchUp and it looks like a really quick and easy way to do buildings but have no idea what template thingy to use and what sort of size to do the things. Can someone point me in the right direction please..? Ta!

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
as far as I know the ratio in sketchup if you use metre's etc is 284cm in sketchup = 1 fpsc segment, what i do is i converted an existing mesh of a floor segment from fpsc to a dae file, loaded it in sketch up, copied and pasted it and aligned it with as many as i needed (ie 6x7) so i had the 'footprint' of how large it would be in fpsc and built around that, doing the same with the model of a person for visual scale/reference.

Hope that helps

smoke em if you got em
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 07:05
Great, thanks for that. Will have a look later. Ta!

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:19:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:19:54