Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / AGK2 - Sublime Text Plugin update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 08:51
I have released an update Sublime Text plugin, based on the work of Adam (with his permission).

It now has an automatic installer written in Python (which is therefore a dependency) which scans the directory tree if you want it to (hence no more messing with PATH). The script builds a personal version of the sublime package file which is configured for your machine setup.

At present broadcasting is not supported from Sublime Text but you can build and run from it with Ctrl+B. Autocompletion also includes the entire AGK2 Command Set.

It is Windows only, but if a Mac user is willing to collaborate it should be fairly easy to make it work on a Mac.

Freeware/Open Source

https://bitbucket.org/agkdev/sublime-text-plugin-for-agk2
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 21:07
Thank you so much Paul! I was just asking Adam about this. Very glad to see someone has done it because that new IDE is missing a lot of good features. Sublime is just so easy to use.

unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2014 07:26
I'll talk a look at getting it running on Mac soon. Thanks!

The IDE is nice, but I quite like Sublime Text...
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2014 08:30
The problem with the Mac is the installer. Rather than rely on PATH being set up (Adam said this confused a lot of people) the installer finds out where the AppGameKit compiler is and creates a build file directly referring to it, it also figures out where ST is and copies the package file in.

I would think that both are under /Applications or $HOME/Applications on a Mac.

(There are probably some \\ in the code that need to be os.pathsep as well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:10:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:10:28