Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Excel, resize photo automatically on cell resize?

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2014 20:40
I found this macro to resize an image in excel to fit in a cell.
http://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/1060-excel-resize-picture-to-fit-cell.html

The issue is, you have to select each photo and run the macro for every single one. And if you resize the cell, the photo doesn't adjust with it. I have a couple hundred rows, anyone know how I can apply a macro automatically on a cell anytime it's content changes or is resized?

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 02:58
What version of office are you using? On office360 there is the option under properties to move and size with cells whih does what you require. Outside of that you can enable visual basic in excels options then load up the vba ide. There are two dropdown boxes at the top of the code window on the left select worksheet. On the right select change. Inside this subroutine DOCmd.runmacro or application.run sheetname! Macroname.

This will run the macro on change.

At least it should. Something like that anyway.

To Err is Human...
To Arr is Pirate!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 06:53
Office 2010

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 08:08
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 23:54
Nah, that looks like it resizes the cells to fit the image, I want the image to fit the cell.

But it may not be an issue for much longer. Decided to build my own custom web-based system to fit my needs. A little extra work, but the outcome will be much more usable and flexible.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:55:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:55:27