Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Android Studio or Naphier's New Android Deployment Guide

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 15:21
I am able to send my apps as email attachments to my son and he can install them on his hudl and my grandsons can play them so the APKs are fine. I'd quite like to install them in Google Play so I downloaded Android Studio and tried to install it but Java problems put paid to that idea.

Then I came across Naphier's guide and now I wonder, would I be better to solve my Java problems or follow Naphier's guide? By better, I really mean easier

Any opinions anybody?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 22:14
How have you created the APK's you send to your son?

I have published a couple of app's on the google play store which were created using the >online tool< from TGC.

That's the quickest and easiest way if you ask me

Failing that, Naphier's guide is probably your best bet. Naphier is a regular here and will probably be able to help if you get stuck.

Rob from Scotland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2014 12:27
Thanks =PRoF=,

[/How have you created the APK's you send to your son?]
I used Paul's online tool that you mentioned and it worked very well.

In spite of using it to produce 5 APKs I stupidly failed to notice the line, "The following must be filled out if you want an APK suitable for submitting to the Google Play or Amazon store". My only excuse is that I was only trying to make APKs to send to my son Now I'll get my brain in gear and use the whole of the online tool.

If I have any problems I'll use Naphier's guide. He has helped me out before.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2014 23:24
Quick note: I've not yet been able to get Android Studio to work. I imagine Eclipse with ADT bundle is still available from somewhere. Android Studio royally messed with my setup :/
I might have another chance to try in the new year.

Rob from Scotland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2014 10:21
I used Paul's online tool and submitted my first app to Google Play yesterday. I've no idea how long these things take, though, so I'll just wait!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:54:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:54:39