Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / How do i scale down the player so the map appears bigger?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2014 19:28
The title does say everything. I want to create a fallout style game, but the map is way too small. In some thread, I've seen that it is possible to scale down entities. I've already done that with my entities, but all I can scale from the Player is the arrow marker. How do I Change the players size in actual In-Game?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2014 21:07
Not really sure what your trying to do here? If I'm correct,
you can try setting the players default height lower?

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 02:56 Edited at: 5th Jan 2015 05:49
Here is a link that can help you. http://thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195990&b=21

I suspect you are trying to double the area you have to work with, which this will work but the only thing you can't adjust is the player width. So keep that in mind when making indoor areas. Doors will have to be wide to allow players to walk through. If the entire level is outdoors, you shouldn't have too many problems. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I did some research and the commands in Landman's pack aren't working in the latest version. I'm not sure if Landman fixed the pack yet.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Deine Mutter
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean latest Version? 1.20 or 1.19?
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 19:13
19 or 20, seems some scripting commands were changed or just not implemented after 1.18

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
I might just be an idiot but couldnt you just make a 'scale version' of the player as say a golf ball size box or something, give it a transparent texture and use its size to define the collision detection, using the entity cam commands, linke the players cam to the invisible tiny entity, map all the commands to work from the entities point of view and lock the now hidden player in place somewhere.

Obviously this changes the way you would code the game as an entity is now the player, but anything you need the player to have you can give them as you will always know where the player is as you locked them down there. so have any items the player collects be duplicated, as Im sure entities can collect items in v1.20.18
and script it so when they do one spawns on the player too, that way you can still use all the plrhasweapon=x etc commands

its complex but it should give you the effect you want. Kinda confused as to why no one has suggested it to you before now so maybe its just a pipedream I cooked up as I went through the complete fpi syntax pdf for like the thousandth time but I dont see any immediate reasons that it shouldnt work

smoke em if you got em

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:15:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:15:59