Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Check out my home grown Music Website!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2014 08:53 Edited at: 27th Dec 2014 21:56
Hello folks,

I haven't been around these haunts in quite a long time. I wanted to show off my new music website that I built myself from scratch using CSS, HTML and Javascript.

http://jadedandbroken.altervista.org/

Here's a little insider information about the technology behind the site:

Neat, Clean site inspired by Google's Material Design
CSS Animated Hamburger Menu (About Me)
SQL Database-driven content
HTML5 Content Delivery
You cannot see it, but there is a web-based control panel back end that allows the uploading and editing of songs
The control panel allows instant updating content via AJAX

And a little inside information about the music on the site:
I am a singer/songwriter
I play upbeat pop/folk and rock tunes
I hope you enjoy the music

That's all folks!

Let me know what you think of my web design and music, and thank you for checking this out!

Edit:

Here is a screenshot of the web-based control panel interface. Notice this is being used on an android phone. I have gone to great lengths to ensure my site works on mobile devices as well as desktops.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2014 01:35
Your "hamburger" css is clever.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 05:48
Thank you, Phaelax, but I cannot claim to be that clever. It was based off a few useful articles, one of them here.

I am wondering, are there any musicians out there who would like a minimalist showcase for there music, such as this? Like I said this is a sweet little CMS with a database driven, ajax powered online control panel. As such, it needs beta testers and feature-suggesters, so if anyone would like to try it out I would be happy to set them up with a site (on a free host of course).

-codemaster

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:08:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:08:03