Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / [AGK2] Can't export APK & can't broadcast via AGK2 Player.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi !

I just bought AGK2 on Steam. I must say, I loved it from the first time I saw my prototype running after just an hour of Tier 1 coding.

But ! I got two problems. I admit, I didn't tried to broadcast or export on Android before buying. And I must say, again, that I'm pretty confused.

First, I can't get the AGK2 Player to work. It always say "UNCONNECTED". I tried installing the Play Store one and the one in my SteamApps directory, no changes. I then tried to disable the Windows FireWall, no changes. Tried to open the port, no changes. Opened all port, no changes. Disabled every security settings I can found in my router, no changes. I entered the cellphone IP in the broadcast settings, no changes. Tried all of this in the same time, no changes.

Secondly, after I saw I couldn't broadcast my application, I just tought I would have to export an APK and try it on my cellphone. The problem is, I cannot export it, it keep saying "Failed to initialize zip file for reading". I'm not in Android development, and I never tried it before. I bought AGK2 mainly because it looked like an easy way to develop on Android and Blackberry, both with BASIC and my beloved C++.

I'm lost, and I don't know how to get it working. Is there a magical guide I missed explaining how to make it working ? At least just the APK export.

Because without it, no offense, I would not spend 100 bucks for this, as I have all my other tools to develop on PC. I love AGK2, but I'm a little disappointed because of this.

I dissected the forum in search of my answers, but I did not find any solutions to my problems, since the information about the 2.0.10 kit seems for the moment very few.

Thanks for listening to my problems.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 23:04
I don't know about the broadcast issue. The first thing that comes to mind is 'are your PC and phone both seeing the same wireless network?'.

But, by any chance, are there spaces in any of your project directories or files? Android doesn't like that.

I haven't yet played with AGK2 Tier 1 (I work in Tier 2).

But my experience has been that the AGKs do a good job and I've read of people having success with Android and AppGameKit V2.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Warkerings
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ancient Lady.

I looked for spaces in my directories. I got none.
But my main language is French, and my name contain accent(é). I remembered having trouble with my GCC compiler on ArchLinux because of that, and I then moved my projects directories to C:.

Problem solved.

As simple as that. Thanks for your help, both broadcasting and Android compilation work now.

If people have the same issue as me, just remember : accent and spaces in your project directory seems to break the broadcasting/packaging process. You can do like me and just put it at the root of your C: disk.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2015 20:27
Glad to have been of some help.

And it is good to know what breaks things.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:05:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:05:38