Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can I lower the water untill it disappears ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm pretty good at tweaking the Raiswater script but is there a way to lower the water level until it completely disappear's from the map!Like out of sight...into the abyss??? I'v tried using values as low as 0 and -5....I'm stump'd

any help would be appreciated...

Thank you!

ShN33Ky
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2015 21:27
HI ShN33Ky
There are a couple ways to do this, I'm sure you know some of these
already, but just in case... use the "pageup & pagedown" keys to raise or lower the water level during test run and "enter" sets it in place.
Also, you can use triggers to turn the water "on" or "off" when needed. Look through your water scripts, note the "water=0/=1" in the script. Also note two actions for water in the Syntax list.
"waterheight=x" and "waterheightofzone=x" These are used to set the water level during play. Depending on how your level is setup,
it's up to you what you want to do, kill the water (water=0) or
just lower it.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks NCMako but I'm still lost here! Like I said I'm trying to get the water to completely lower it self out of sight! 1465 is where I want the water to start and that's working .But when water drops it's still visible at it's lowest point and yes I'v even placed the Trigerzone at level zero!I'm trying to create the POV affect of a hot air balloon rising so you know....Plus I have to hit my water switch twice for it to lower (hitting the Enter Button a total of 3 times)??? Which is annoying...

Here's the script as it stands now.....Like I said your Help is always appreciated !!!

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = raise water when triggered

;Triggers

:state=0:water=1,waterfogdist=2000,waterred=192,watergreen=192,dimvar=waterlevel,setvar=waterlevel 1465,waterheight=%waterlevel,dimvar=waterstate,setvar=waterstate 0,state=1

:state=1,activated=1,varequal=waterstate 0:setvar=waterstate 1,activate=0
:state=1,activated=1,varequal=waterstate 1:setvar=waterstate 0,activate=0

:state=1,varequal=waterstate 1,varless=waterlevel 1465:addvar=waterlevel 1,waterheight=%waterlevel
:state=1,varequal=waterstate 0,vargreater=waterlevel 0:subvar=waterlevel 1,waterheight=%waterlevel

;End of Script

ShN33Ky
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2015 20:03
ShN33Ky
This is really a scripting question now.
I remember this script. It's one of the original "raisewaterlevel"
scripts. It's not hard, I just changed afew things. Here's what
I have so far...

I set the water to start at 1400 (level 14), every 50-millisec's
variable drops by 1. Used the "L" key to activate. Adjust to your needs. Any further Q's, ask in the Script forum.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help Mako.....again!

ShN33Ky

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:17:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:17:16