Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

NaGaCreMo / Teabag [C++][2015]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 03:43 Edited at: 14th Jan 2015 07:24
I haven\'t officially signed up to do NaGaCreMo, but I\'m currently compiling my project in release(it\'s gunna be a little while!) and I\'ve decided to share it with you and set myself a little target for the end of the month.

So, what I\'m doing here is creating a game engine which I plan to loving craft into a first person shooter. I\'m hoping for a bit of a chaotic game with lots of running, shooting, jumping and explosions. I\'m a while off yet, but I have the very core of the graphics, physics, input and networking working. I'm using Ogre3D, bullet physics, SDL, MathGeoLib, and RakNet and it's entirely written in C++.

Attached is a screenshot of the game, as you can see, it\'s not much for looks yet! You can fly around in a little ball (the camera collides and reacts with the scenery) and spawn cubes which fall from the sky. You can connect to another instance of the program, and objects will spawn when the host spawns them - and the two instances of the game will stay in perfect sync. Woo! The client can\'t influence the simulation yet, though.

So my goal, is to have something vaguely resembling a first person shooter by the end of the month - that is, ability to walk around and see the other players in first person, and the clients to be able to do the same. I don\'t care if it\'s just a cube walking around.

Oh and did I forget to mention? It's cross platform, it compiles and runs on Windows, Linux and OSX with a little persuasion.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 04:31
hey cubes are cool!

looks good so far.

www.sheldonscreations.com
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 14:35
Cool to see this here!

I like offending people. People who get offended should be offended. -- Linus Torvalds
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 09:29
Looking forward to seeing more

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately the process of keeping multiplayer incorperated with every core feature is slowing me down a little! Once I'm able to abstract away from the networking I should be able to speed up my development! Game features don't really need to be tied so tightly with networking, physics and input do, for example.
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't meet my goal.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2015 18:25
Quite a bit of progress though. You better finish though. I'm curious what a game named "Teabag" will be about.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " You better finish though."

I'm sure it will be finished, some day. I wouldn't get your hopes up about the name though, it's just a codename. I named it as such because I drink a lot of tea, and when I started the project I was working my way through Prison Break. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_%22T-Bag%22_Bagwell
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 00:58 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 00:59
I was always under the impression you were referring to the act of teabagging someone. It's a common way to make people rage in FPS games after you kill them.

The only way to do great work is to love what you do -- Steve Jobs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:06:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:06:50